MariaDB switch to MySQL 8 issues

V4mpireuk

Verified User
Hi,

Running CentOS 8.

I've just installed a new server and found it had MariaDB, I switched this out and installed MySQL, I had to change the root password for MySQL as this wouldn't work for anything on directadmin, had to create the da_admin user, had to fight with the validate password policy, then had to do the same for da_roundcube.

I tried to restore an admin backup from another server(which is how i found the da_admin and da_roundcube were missing), however I get a massive list for all the databases it has:

Unable to add user admin_ftp. Your password does not satisfy the current policy requirements
Can't add user admin_ftp to admin_ftp: Unable to add user admin_ftp. Your password does not satisfy the current policy requirements

various one's like that and unable to alter user admin all for the reason not meeting policy requirements, I have also lowered the settings to the lowest possible settings to no avail, how would I get around this as it seems to not like databases that were created running on a CentOS 7 server with MySQL 5.7, I would also like to mention that the random generated passwords directadmin creates on setup of things for example da_roundcube account doesn't even meet the requirements, which forced me to lower the policy restrictions just to properly setup roundcude.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been through all the log files and google searches and looked through these forums and come up at a loss right now.

Regards,

V4mpire

Just for confirmation, the Low setting works to create new passwords, but for restore, i get the errors mentioned that it doesn't meet the requirements, I have also confirmed that the passwords for the accounts have suitable passwords that meet the requirements for LOW, yet fail for restore saying it doesn't meet the requirements

I ended up accidentally making a mistake on the re-partitioning and the recovery of the system failed so was unable to fix, so just reinstalled manually so i could set my own partitioning on install and now it works without issues with mysql, no idea what the problem was in the end

Back