Migrating Cpanel Accounts to DirectAdmin

Serg951

Verified User
hi

I'm building from scratch a script to migrate Cpanel accounts to DirectAdmin servers in a more optimized way.

There is already a script searching the internet that does pretty much everything from changing the current ip to that of the new DA server / lowering the tls / generating the cp-move file / sending the cp-move file to the DA... And the steps manuals would just set the permissions to admin and restore the files.

However, there are two problems:

1- I need a lot of disk space available as each account in the migration (ignoring compression) potentially takes up 3x the disk space (cp-move / user...tar.gz / restored account) - My knowledge is limited so I don't know if this can be optimized from some action in DirectAdmin

2- (I believe it is more related to Cpanel, but in the hope of getting help I'm mentioning) - The ip's are changed only for main domains in cpanel, so if an account has 20 domains configured, only the main note will be changed, being need to manually adjust the other 19.

Of course, nothing is free in this life, but even if the answer is "it's possible, but I'll charge x for that" it would be enough to show me that it would be possible to perform such an optimization.

I believe that mainly the point of disk consumption due to cpmove must annoy a lot of people and maybe some of you have some suggestion regarding this.

I`m not a programmer, but we do manual transfers with rsync for all the files and mails. This doesnt double anything in size. Maybe its a way you can use in your scripting.
btw .. here is a total new migration script available:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I'm trying to find the balance between what I need to do manually and what the script does. It seems to me that my problem is more related to Cpanel for now as it would be inevitable that directadmin would have to convert the cpmove (generating a new compressed file) before actually starting the restore.

Back