New Backup Error noted

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
On multiple servers backing up up to our in-house backup server(but not all of them)...

Control Panel screen 'Admin Backup/Transfer', section 'Active Backups' says backup is still active. Started September 24th. This of course is an anomaly because we've had successful daily backups every night thereafter.

Details link shows:
Code:
Lost Connection to tracker. Re-connecting.
Then that disappears, and then the screen shows:
Code:
Overview	Backup has stalled
Details	No progress in 6 hours
We have already reconnected 20 times. Refresh the page if you want to try again.
Refreshing page continues to say 20 times; never increments. Nothing changes.

I generally don't look once I get message system report that backup has completed, so I don't know if this has occurred previously. It likely hasn't occurred previously or since, because only the one backup on each machine is shown as still running.

Trying to kill the backup from the control panel does nothing.

It's possible the backups didn't run at all, or ran only partially; I can't tell with certainty because those backups are over a month old and have rotated out of our backup system. And there are no messages in the message system for them, neither completed, nor completed with errors.

On all systems the PID really doesn't exist.

Restarting DirectAdmin doesn't clear the active backup.

One of the machines on which this is occurring is backing up locally, the others all to our backup server.

Today I just switched over the one machine from doing local backups to doing backups on our backup server. The modification appears to have taken so tomorrow morning we'll know if the change worked even though the system says the backup is stillo in progress.

Has anyone seen this previously?

Anyone know how to let DirectAdmin know the backup has completed, so we can move forward without seeing the anomalous notification?

want to switch over to backup up on our backup system. Do I need to wait until the Active Backup clears before I do this? Can I somehow clear the Active Backup manually?

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, advice.

Jeff

On multiple servers backing up up to our in-house backup server(but not all of them)...

Control Panel screen 'Admin Backup/Transfer', section 'Active Backups' says backup is still active. Started September 24th. This of course is an anomaly because we've had successful daily backups every night thereafter.

Details link shows:
Code:
Code:
We have already reconnected 20 times. Refresh the page if you want to try again.

I generally don't look once I get message system report that backup has completed, so I don't know if this has occurred previously. It likely hasn't occurred previously or since, because only the one backup on each machine is shown as still running.

Jeff

Hello
I've the same problem on some servers.
Since no one answered to this thread and I didn't find anymore links like this one, I'd like to know, if you fixed this problem somehow.
Although there is a different in my case. The PID of backups exist but still it's stalled like you said.
I looked at this link too.
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=107
On my servers crond is running and restart has no effect on the process.

Thanks

Backup has stalled

Details link shows:
Code:
Code:

Trying to kill the backup from the control panel does nothing.

It's possible the backups didn't run at all, or ran only partially; I can't tell with certainty because those backups are over a month old and have rotated out of our backup system. And there are no messages in the message system for them, neither completed, nor completed with errors.

On all systems the PID really doesn't exist.

Restarting DirectAdmin doesn't clear the active backup.

One of the machines on which this is occurring is backing up locally, the others all to our backup server.

Today I just switched over the one machine from doing local backups to doing backups on our backup server. The modification appears to have taken so tomorrow morning we'll know if the change worked even though the system says the backup is stillo in progress.

Has anyone seen this previously?

Anyone know how to let DirectAdmin know the backup has completed, so we can move forward without seeing the anomalous notification?

want to switch over to backup up on our backup system. Do I need to wait until the Active Backup clears before I do this? Can I somehow clear the Active Backup manually?

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, advice.

Jeff

Hi
I've the same problem on my server.

Log:
Overview Backup has stalled
Details No progress in 6 hours

Hi javidi,

i would highly suggest you to open a new thread for this, Jeff has sadly passed away about a year ago.

Best regards

Back