Not pleased at all

Romedchim

Verified User
Not pleased at all !

Hi,

I have to say (after needing a OS and DA reinstall because of hard disk failure) that I am extremely unhappy with the speed of Direct Admin, as they needed 5 hours to reinstall the whole thing which I think it is unacceptable when you are addressing the hosting market.

When you need a restore and the datacenter staff have to wait almost 5 (five) hours for DA staff to solve a installation problem this means for me that the service offered through the datacenter is not at a high level.

Just my humble opinion. If you don't cover 24/24 do not sell a control panel...and definitely, after this event my next server will not be a DA one.

Catalin

Last edited:
you should use a data center that supports direct admin, then their staff can do everything.

sorry but no other developers of cpanel, plesk would even do installs for their clients.

I think that's pretty fast.

Try asking cPanel to install their panel for you.

They will probably laugh.

We can reinstall DA on any server anywhere in the world, within an hour or less once the OS is installed.

That is if the license is in your name.

Jeff

Timingery fast

Hi,

The datacenter staff (in this case NAC) asked for some information because they encountered a problem installing DA.

During almost almost 5 hours I have been told that they are expecting some feedback from you (in fact I have sent also an email to your support regarding this matter) and NOT to install DA for them.

I am sure that DA can be installed very fast everywhere in the world, my concern is related to the fact that in case of emergencies support is not easily avaliable.

Catalin

PS. I got some amazing performances in answers to support requests from CPanel during the last 6 months.

Re: Timingery fast

Romedchim said:
During almost almost 5 hours I have been told that they are expecting some feedback from you (in fact I have sent also an email to your support regarding this matter) and NOT to install DA for them.
Who do you mean by "you" and "your support"?

I'm not DirectAdmin and I haven't seen anyone else post on this thread from DirectAdmin.

We're just users, like you, but we're trying to help you.

Jeff

:)

Hi,

I suppose that when sending an email to [email protected] you do not receive it :). I was not asking for help in the forums for this issue so there is no member of these forums accused by something.

I am speaking about the possibility of DA staff to offer support in emergency situations.

Catalin

Bocacom.net

Great DA provider - RAPID, downright FAST as hell DA reinstalls (if necessary) - and top of the line quality hardware.

Might want to consider it in the future.

Joe

You have to remember that there are hundreds of clients that DirectAdmin has. Each client has a couple license on average. This adds up to thousands of licenses on thousands of servers. You cannot expect Mark and John to be super speedy (however I think 5 hours is GREAT response time and I give them props for their fantastic work, support, and customer service). They probably have tons of support requests a day and answer them in the order they are received. You cannot expect these great people to wait on you want and foot when there are hundreds more out their that love their panel that need support as well.

I suggest finding a host that supports DirectAdmin where they will have more staff on hand 24/7 ready to help you in the event of an emergency. I apologzie if I sound blunt but you need to recognize the dedication these individuals have put forth and that they are are just human and cannot do a million things at once.

Time

Hi,

I am not contesting DA qualities, I am just telling my sad story. Perhaps they should reconsider their support strategy taking into account the number of licenses they sold.

This product isn't alone on the market and you know better than me that a success is directly related to the quality of customer support you offer, speed being a dominant factor.

Catalin

Re: Time

Romedchim said:
speed being a dominant factor
If you're not satisfied with the speed of the support from DirectAdmin you could consider either one of the many hosting companies that host DA and offer support (one has already been mentioned in this thread).

Or perhaps consider a third-party support option; we've been offering thirdparty DA support for some time now, on an hourly or contract basis. And I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Jeff

The datacenter staff (in this case NAC) asked for some information because they encountered a problem installing DA.

It must have been an unusual problem then because I have a DA dedicated box at NAC and the longest they have ever taken to do a DA re-install is an hour.

Problem

Hi,

I suppose too it was unusual, just to stick to the facts, they managed to restore the system and backup the content in 1.5 hours and and after that they were waiting for a feedback from DA for another almost 5 hours (until they solved the problem themselves, not because somebody from DA answered them). Poor support, what a pitty for a promising product (this remembers me the 3 years ago CPanel :) )

Catalin

Re: Problem

Romedchim said:
Hi,

I suppose too it was unusual, just to stick to the facts, they managed to restore the system and backup the content in 1.5 hours and and after that they were waiting for a feedback from DA for another almost 5 hours (until they solved the problem themselves, not because somebody from DA answered them). Poor support, what a pitty for a promising product (this remembers me the 3 years ago CPanel :) )

Catalin

As far as I know, there is no support guarantee on the website.

If they had something like "LIGHTING FAST SUPPORT"... that would be another story.

Took 42 minutes here.... NAC rocks when it comes to reinstallations and troubleshooting. I've been with them (3 dedicated dual xeons) for over a year now and will never look back.

I'm really surprised it took 5 hours ... and to those that think 5 hours is quite 'fast', it isn't when you're a hosting provider.

I'd get in touch with Stephen @ NAC

Cheers m8 and hope all works out.

T.

Back