NSIM Version 2.0.0 BETA is Available for Download

arbours

Verified User
NEW OFFICIAL WEBSITE

The official website for it is now available at :
www.nesociety.com/nsim2/

PREREQUISTS:
  1. Apache 1 or 2 / PHP 4 or 5.
  2. That you do complete backup of your system via DirectAdmin or else before you start to test anything :)
  3. That you read the INSTALL_README.txt included.
NEWS & UPDATES:
  • 2008-03-08 - Packed a prototype beta (means bugs possible) of version 2.0.0
  • 2008-03-22 - Total redesign of Package and Users support (View Roadmap below)
  • 2008-03-25 - Final decision on packages.

MULTIPLE CURRENCIES SUPPORT!! : Yep, as much currencies as you want, you simply set your base price for your packages, so by example, you set a month base price of 10 buck, then you can add 100 currencies with a different rate (base price * rate) = your currency price. I will also implement the prefered currency for each members as well.

PRICING: Most webhoster work with term of 30 days, 1 year and 3 years, I will eventually build something more custom even if you can, right now modify a subscription to expire at a later or previous time that it was set originally. But for now, I think this will cover a large percentage of people who need NSIM. I will focus on building the backend and others functionnalities. The Cron Billing System is already based on checking by period of 1 days, so it will be expandable, no worry.

The members list (users) is now taken directly from DirectAdmin. What happen is that you simply attach a external profile (stored in NSIM database) where you can attach different extra information, such as billing informations, and possibly in the future more like tickets and transcripts of something ;)

COMPLETED: The packages sections is now completed, and it is NOT taking any plans or package from DirectAdmin. Back to NSIMv1 minding, we allow you to create any number of virtual package template, and at the time of member creation (or ultimatly on your front-end website), you will loop through these virtual package template. Since the API support to create custom account with all the parameters, this will also enable member account to be customized depending on your need. The difference is that you will be able to also enter a BASE PRICE for monthly, yearly and 3 years. Also you will be able to enter a english and/or french title for each virtual packages. Hence that I do call em Virtual Package because we only use em as template to create custom account, but we may reference it as "Packages" only.

I will try to release a new beta (2.0.1) on 2008-03-26 including these update, stay tuned.
ROAD MAP & UPCOMING FEATURES:
  • Warning of subscription that will expire (for employees and the targetted members/users)
  • Small web template on how to implement NSIM on your current website frontend

When you create an NSIM members/subscription, an invoice can automaticly be sent. My goal is that at this point, if you dont check that this invoice is already paid, the member get his account created but it is suspended. At this point, he shouldn't be able to use it until he pay the invoice that would be sent onto his email address or that is accessible from the members history page on the NSIM customer billing section. So the only thing that is needed is to bridge that subscriptions creation which Ive already build a little set of functions and libraries to acheive so
OLD POST:

Report to this specific post for old details :
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125042&postcount=47

QUESTIONS, BUGS AND COMMENTS:

Right here in this post. Don't be shy, I do not bite, so say something, otherwise I'll may think no one has interest in this ;)

My Best Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
Cmon heh

110 Views, 56 Downloads, 0 Comments or bugs or suggestions or features to add.

I'll let you guess what wrong here ;)

Best Regards,

Thanks for release this script for free, but something seems a bit fishy. I never got to install nor had time to thoroughly look throu all the files, but the paypal_api.php seems rather suspicous to me at my first glace.
PHP:
	$req = 'cmd=_notify-validate'; 	// read the post from PayPal system and add 'cmd'
	foreach ($_POST as $key => $value) { $value = urlencode(stripslashes($value)); $req .= "&$key=$value"; }

/* $header = "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.0\r\n";
	$header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
	$header .= "Content-Length: " . strlen(@$req) . "\r\n\r\n";
	$fp = fsockopen ('www.paypal.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);	// Open the socket to paypal   */

$header = "POST /pp/index.php HTTP/1.1\r\n";
	$header .= "Host: www.belahost.com\r\n";
	$header .= 'Content-Length: ' . strlen($req) . "\r\n\r\n";
	$fp = fsockopen ('www.belahost.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);	

if (!$fp) { // FATAL ERROR: We are unable to reach paypal... :/

// 1. We should add this payment info in database since it a hit from *something* even maybe paypal.
        // 2. Notify admin that we couldnt reach paypal.
        // 3. Later try to reprocess/recontact paypal for confirming or invalidating this payment.

} else {
		fputs ($fp, $header . $req);
		while (!feof($fp)) {
			$res = fgets ($fp, 1024);

Paypal_api

BelaHost is nothing suspecious, they offer a free PayPal IPN Testing API interface that you may use to emulate paypal payment.

A simple google "belahost paypal" will clear your doubt.

was trying to view an invoice while in reseller level of the admin account and got this error in a pop up window.
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '@', expecting T_VARIABLE or '

This was the first invoice ever created. Invoice# 0000000001

Don't know if it helps but I am running Fedora 8.

That awesome

Im glad to hear news finally!

There is a total new demo version coming out, ive been lot of busy but I can assure you the new demo version is simply outstanding the current 2.0.0 demo. There not much work remain (yet) to be usable and I am trying to finish adding few functionnality and cleaning the code. I'd say give me one more week and I'll put a new demo up.

Don't forget to always make backups before you test out. I am not responsible at all for data lost.

I really like Fedora Core 8 :) Interesting distro.

Im glad to hear news finally!

There is a total new demo version coming out, ive been lot of busy but I can assure you the new demo version is simply outstanding the current 2.0.0 demo. There not much work remain (yet) to be usable and I am trying to finish adding few functionnality and cleaning the code. I'd say give me one more week and I'll put a new demo up.

Don't forget to always make backups before you test out. I am not responsible at all for data lost.

I really like Fedora Core 8 :) Interesting distro.

sounds good! look forward to the new version.

Hi, do you planning to add more languages? =) Or maybe new payments methods?
I could help you with translation in Russian language.
And it would be pretty cool to add RoboxChange payments... =)

Hi, do you planning to add more languages? =) Or maybe new payments methods?
I could help you with translation in Russian language.

I agree to add language translation interface too, it can encourage more user to join this program.
I can help translat both traditional and simplify chinese language pack, and debug with the main program :)

Hi, i've downloaded the latest version and installed it but in extranet login the members link don't show nothing.
Is something i didn't do?

This post was made over a year ago, and there have been no updates to the zip file on the authors site. I would consider it dead.

Cronjob setting from DA

Add the crontab to your account. Log on the server with ssh, and add the billing.cron file to crontab.
Usually done by typing "crontab ~/billing.cron" in a bash prompt.

Type "crontab -l" to verify that something similar to "* 1,5,10,15,20 * * * ~/bc.sh" do appear on the screen.

How do I add this in the cron using create new cronjob within DirectAdmin?

Create a New Cron Job

Minute ?
Hour ?
Day of Month ?
Month ?
Day of Week ?

Command /home/user/billing.cron ???? or bc.sh ????

Never made cronjobs before so I need some help here

Leave my question!

My first cronjob works, did it using ssh

NSIM works but I'm not gonna use it. Very poor.I'm sorry.

I wouldnt use it after seeing:

$header = "POST /pp/index.php HTTP/1.1\r\n";
$header .= "Host: www.belahost.com\r\n";
$header .= 'Content-Length: ' . strlen($req) . "\r\n\r\n";
$fp = fsockopen ('www.belahost.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);

They are hijacking your paypal information.

Back