OVH and their internal licenses

LawsHosting

Verified User
Has anyone successfully installed DA using a license from OVH..... Firstly, I had problems with the OS, their control panel only lets you change it up to Debian 8! They had to manually change it to 10....

Now that is sorted, it gives me this when installing
You are not authorized to download the update package with that client id and license id for this IP address. Please email sales @ directadmin . com
even though everything is "correct"......

I wanted to save a few bucks, but got this problem for the pleasure......

Did you try “./setup.sh auto” ? It should work even if there is an OS mismatch, and it should pick licensed IP up automatically (if there is any licensed IP on the server).

To follow up, when I look in the CMD_LICENSE page, the Client ID was different to the one they gave 🤦‍♂️ Support at its best!

No wonder it failed without auto.

Yeah well... OVH... pity Hetzner still does not want to do DA support. Asked them several weeks ago, but still a no go. :(

We also use our own license, but we left OVH due to bad hardware support.
A hd broke on Friday at 17.30 hours. We had to wait until monday 08.10 hours to get it fixed. Because we did not have a special SLA, which cost a bunch extra. So we instantly left OVH and won't go back there.
At Hetzner for the same price, we had a similar server, and on a broken disk couple of months later, we could even determine when it should be replaced, on a saterday night!! And they were faster with response.

But it still would be nice if Hetzner would provide licenses for their customers. ;)

Hello.

I have a dedicated server. Which operating system do you recommend? I bought a DA license because. I had this problem in CentOS 8 and could not fix it.

I am getting this error now. Operating system: CentOS 7
1615836934573.png

Have you completed the install prerequisites?

You might start here

If you have more issues I would start a new thread.

Last edited:
Back