Solved OVH Internal License - Licensing error - license is expired

chuvadenovembro

Verified User
Hello everyone,

I have two servers with an internal license from OVH and both of them have an expired license error.

I have already followed the procedures in this link, but without success:

I checked the license in this link and they are valid:

I renewed one of the licenses (even though it only expires in November), but I was also unsuccessful.

Attachments

• licenca.png
    licenca.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 30
I followed the entire procedure in the documentation link, but nothing worked.

The license is active and without errors (according to the license verification link).

The problem is occurring on soyoustart.com and directly with OVH.

On the soyoustart.com panel, you can see in real time the error in the OVH API... apparently it is an error in the OVH API that is blocking the license with DirectAdmin.

I requested support, but they should only start checking the problem on Monday.

I opened this topic in case anyone has any other suggestions to try to solve it...

Attachments

• screenshot-license_directadmin_com-2024_09_14-14_48_41.png
    screenshot-license_directadmin_com-2024_09_14-14_48_41.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 42
  • screenshot-eu_soyoustart_com-2024_09_14-14_54_51.png
    screenshot-eu_soyoustart_com-2024_09_14-14_54_51.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 40
Hello!

Exactly the same here. I went to access the only server we have with the OVH/SYS license, and the same error message is displayed:

License check failure. See the Debug Guide.
Reason: transient license check failure: license is expired.

Same here, this is problem with all my OVH dedicated servers with DA attached. External server with DA is working good.

This has been reported to us and we are waiting to hear back from the OVH side for further clarification. @Richard G is correct that only OVH can communicate with us, as it is their account, so our hands are tied even if the issue is caused by something innocent or accidental.

Is it possible to purchase a new license and replace the current license while keeping the limited resources from the internal license I have today? If the problem is resolved, I would then revert to the OVH license and everything would return to its original state.

If it is not possible to buy a license with limited resources like the internal OVH license, and if I buy a standard license (which allows unlimited domains), will all the DirectAdmin resources be released (which I am not interested in) Once the OVH issue is resolved, can I switch back to the internal license, and will DirectAdmin then limit the resources as it did before, or is such a license change not possible?

if I buy a standard license
There is no buying anymore. The rent is per month, the price is per amount of accounts and domains, the features are the same, with all the new additional pro-stuff. So I guess you can rent a actual 1-month license, and when the issue with OVH is solved, you *maybe* (dependent on the OVH issue) you can switch back to OVH license, and cancel the new rented license. @DirectAdmin Sales please correct me if i`m wrong.

I'm using a translator, so some parts of what I write might be a bit unclear (My apologies).

My concern about switching to a standard license is mainly about the activation of the "Pro Pack". After activating it, DirectAdmin might not allow the switch to an OVH license because it lacks the features that were previously enabled.

That's correct -- ordering a modern license is not a good strategy if you want to go back to a legacy license later, because downgrade isn't supported (unless you are fine with re-installing DA, or have some kind of image/snapshot you can restore back to).

All of my DA servers at OVH and all of my clients are showing license expired. No response of any kind from OVH.

Hopefully someone at DA can call them.

Hopefully someone at DA can call them.
It's not up to DA to call customers if customers have problems. OVH should contact DA, they are having the issues. And it's already not a good sign if OVH isn't even listening to the customers.
If OVH does not contact DA then officially it's an OVH issue.

Also be ware it's weekend. For OVH this has no priority so they most likely start to respond tomorrow on Monday.

Hello
Was the problem solved?
I have the same situation with my dedicated server at OVH ????

MG

WebsterPL - widzę że też jesteś z Polski - mam taką samą wiadomość od OVH - ale problem nadal istnieje.
Piszę do Direct Admin i dostałem od nich odpowiedź

Hello,It could be temporary issue related to the problems that had place on CloudFlare side: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/Please try to run these 2 commands on your DA serve via SSH to re-activate your DA License: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getLicense.sh 'Your_DA_license_key_here' systemctl restart directadminThank you.

Oczywiście przeinstalowanie licencji nic nie dało.
Masz taki sam problem ?? Udało Ci się coś ustalić ?

Hello,

We have the same problem:
checking license error=transient license check failure: license is expired
on 100% of our 3 dedicated servers, since Saturday morning, cf. /var/log/messages.
OVH Manager indicates the licences valid until next month, October 2nd, or March 2nd depending on which server.
If we wait for OVH to do something on this subject, this may take a long time, as they probably have no clue what is going on.

Dear DA Administrator, could you please help all OVH users using directadmin by managing this subject?

As other forum members have mentioned - purchasing a license directly on directadmin.com would get this get resolved immediately, however, there would be no way back to OVH license, because it is legacy codebase. Please keep this in mind if ordering a new license.

I've noticed there is no DirectAdmin offered anymore at OVH. I'm not sure, but maybe it's related to the problem?

I have information from ovh that it is not possible to order its own licenses at ovh, but the old ones should work properly.

the problem still persists, does anyone know anything????

I have respond from OVH - they said that the problem is by DA side ...
Then they should contact DA to resolve the issue. There is a good chance that they issued internal licenses for example on netblocks on which the licenses were not registered to.
They should contact DA anyway, no matter if it's a DA issue or OVH issue. OVH sold the licenses so they are responsible for support to their customers according to the internal license agreement.

Back