PEAR errors during upgrade php 7.3/7.4

Richard G

Verified User
Happened on both upgrades:

Code:
[PEAR] Structures_Graph- already installed: 1.1.1
pear/pear dependency package "pear/XML_Util" downloaded version 1.4.4 is not the recommended version 1.4.3, but may be compatible, use --force to install
pear/XML_Util cannot be installed, conflicts with installed packages
[PEAR] XML_Util       - upgraded:  1.4.4
pear/PEAR dependency package "pear/Archive_Tar" installed version 1.4.9 is not the recommended version 1.4.4, but may be compatible, use --force to install
pear/PEAR dependency package "pear/XML_Util" installed version 1.4.4 is not the recommended version 1.4.3, but may be compatible, use --force to install
[PEAR] PEAR           - upgraded:  1.10.11

So pear/XML conflicts with something and others are not recommended?

Is this a bug, can this safely be ignored, must it be fixed?

I did upgrade them ignoring the warning. I did not feel any issues so far. Did that months ago. But not these versions - older.

What did you do months ago @wattie ? These php upgrades creating this error were only available since yesterday. So I'm confused.
Or do you mean you had the same error on a previous php update months ago?

It's not an error. It's just saying that there are newer versions of some modules but the recommended versions are older than them.

I forced them, eg:

Code:
./pear upgrade --force PEAR
./pear upgrade --force XML_Util

I didn't notice any issues so far. Just did upgrade to the newest versions (got the same notice like from your post) but I am still waiting for eventual feedback (I don't see problems but who knows - it's too soon for verdict) :)

Hmmz... I forced it last time, but don't want to force it every time and it's happening again:
Code:
pear/pear dependency package "pear/XML_Util" downloaded version 1.4.5 is not the recommended version 1.4.3, but may be compatible, use --force to install
pear/XML_Util cannot be installed, conflicts with installed packages
[PEAR] XML_Util       - upgraded:  1.4.5
pear/PEAR dependency package "pear/Archive_Tar" installed version 1.4.9 is not the recommended version 1.4.4, but may be compatible, use --force to install

Isn't there a way to definitely get rid of this pear notices?

Back