PHP-FPM nightmares

I'll change the fpm mode to dynamic later tonight when the site is more quiet- if that can be possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

and install IOTop/ATop

If it's a single service running on the server, then static is the way to go. But this is not going to change the things a lot.

If it's a single service running on the server, then static is the way to go. But this is not going to change the things a lot.
Then it begs the question, what will..... Well, without throwing in hundreds of more pounds.

Maybe one of you would like to take the site on.. ??? Am contemplating the option to suggest another host if I can't sort it....

Change the theme temporarily and see if it will make a difference. If not, disable plugins 1 by 1 to see which one is doing the trouble.

Code:
[22-Nov-2020 21:57:36] WARNING: [pool xxx] server reached max_children setting (100), consider raising it
I love to know if other hosts can handle this blooming site..... Because I am done with it.....

Maybe not the extra mile you would be willing to go into, but just for the sake of info: https://www.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux-os-plus

They advertise quite specifically to tackle these kinds of issues with CL OS+ / PHP X-Ray:

PHP X-Ray provides detailed information on performance bottlenecks in web sites that use WordPress. If a site has slow plugins or slow queries, this tool helps detect them. When a web site slows down, there’s usually a problem with its content management system. Now, on servers that run CloudLinux OS+, performance problems can be identified immediately using PHP X-Ray.

I'm not reinstalling it all and fork out extra money........ I'd rather lose the client......

Maybe I should ban Wordpress! ?

I'm not reinstalling it all and fork out extra money........ I'd rather lose the client......

Maybe I should ban Wordpress! ?
We do Ban Wordpress, on own servers yup, problem is yes custommers and they expect developers from sites mostly also to do updates and problem resolving as also they demanding from hosters.

The almost free (for a ... $, € websites) pffffffff.

If good client then help them out pointing to (developers who knows what to do) and you knowing them they do a good job.
If not then better forget and go on to live more happy without them.

Update:

It seems that this plugin was the main culprit, it was giving
Code:
Waiting for table level lock
for its MySQL table..... I guess it wasn't using indexes?

But..... Funny thing is, it has not been updated for 2 years....?‍♂️

I love plugins </sarcasm>

Give me strength...... No wonder I want to quit.........

I am trying to update PHPs....... and
Code:
Creating symlink for /usr/local/php74/bin/php-config74...
Creating symlink for /usr/local/php74/bin/phpize74...
Job for php-fpm73.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
See "systemctl status php-fpm73.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Job for php-fpm74.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
See "systemctl status php-fpm74.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
I can't even restart any PFM from DA or shell...... It stalls for ages.

and after a while
Code:
 Starting The PHP FastCGI Process Manager...
systemd[1]: php-fpm73.service: Start operation timed out. Terminating.
systemd[1]: php-fpm73.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
systemd[1]: Failed to start The PHP FastCGI Process Manager.
every so often, receive a notice it's down..... blah.....rinse repeat......

Screw this.....

Last edited:
I should say 'screw me', this has been sorted..... Serves me right for upgrading willy-nilly... I mean, what could go wrong?! A LOT COULD!

I must remember to './build update' before doing anything.......

Think a holiday to Australia is needed....... Oh, wait!

This keeps rearing its ugly head on another server now
Code:
Creating symlink for /usr/local/php74/bin/php-config74...
Creating symlink for /usr/local/php74/bin/phpize74...
Job for php-fpm74.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
See "systemctl status php-fpm74.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Last time @smtalk stated it was an incompatible PHP version, so turn autover=off, rm -R php-*, build update, rebuild PHP........ and........ same delay..... even restarting fpm, heafty delay.......

Why can't things just work!

If this happens every time a PHP update happens, I'm done.....

Oh, yeah,it is crashing
The service 'php-fpm74' on server xxxxxxx.laws-hosting.co.uk is currently down

Last edited:
What happens?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set_fastest
./build clean
./build update
./build php
./build rewrite_confs

Back