Php & Imap @ Debian 5 = No ?

panosru

Verified User
I tried everything but even after successful compile of php with imap extension, imap is not shown on phpinfo and does not supported by any php code that uses Imap extension.

Does anyone have similar problem?

Then it seems you didn't had a 'sucessfull' compile for PHP with IMAP.

Can you post the output of 'php -m | grep imap'

Well, i compiled PHP with IMAP correctly and without any erros but php does not recognize imap extension for some reason...
server:~# php -m | grep imap
imap
server:~#

As you see, you have installed 'imap' successfully.
Also have you restarted HTTPd?

You should see something in your PHPInfo page about IMAP.

yes i have restarted httpd and the server too, i never had any problem compiling php with imap but i'm new on Debian 5 i followed all the posts of this forum about compiling php with imap but the strange thing is that i have no problem with compile but phpinfo does not show imap extension.... its like i don't put the --with-imap & --with-imap-ssl on php configuration, but i put them and i can see imap on php compile process but after restart nothing happen... :/

on phpinfo() i see that on:

Configure Command './configure' '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring'

Does not appear the imap extension even if i added it...

but i've added the --with-imap=/path/to/imap \ and --with-imap-ssl=/path/to/imap and did ./build php n and didn't worked.. :/

but i've added the --with-imap=/path/to/imap \ and --with-imap-ssl=/path/to/imap and did ./build php n and didn't worked.. :/
You had something like this

Code:
--with-imap=/path/to/imap \   --with-imap=/path/to/imap \
instead of
Code:
--with-imap=/path/to/imap \
--with-imap-ssl=/path/to/imap \

hmm... i guess the build in sftp editor caused this problem.... next time i will edit it with vi :D thanks again :D

Back