PHP works according to Master Value only

idon

Verified User
Hello,
I have lsphp (because the openlitespeed) installed on the server.
I want to enable exec function for specific user.

The function exec disabled by the php.ini file, so I override it locally in Virtualhost templates.

The result look good in phpinfo(); (exec function not appear on Local Value column).

But it's not help and the function not really work, I tried to remove exec from Master Value by editing the global php.ini and then the function work well.

so I guess that php take the settings from Master Value (global php.ini). How can I fix it? to make my overide in specific user work well?

thank you

Last edited:
Edit /usr/local/phpXX/lib/php.ini replacing XX with whatever PHP version you use.
Find the disable_functions and remove exec.
Restart Litespeed.

Edit /usr/local/phpXX/lib/php.ini replacing XX with whatever PHP version you use.
Find the disable_functions and remove exec.
Restart Litespeed.

Hey, thanks about your reply. But I want to allow this function only for admin user. Your method allow it for all users...

I'm looking for the exact same thing. Too bad this question doesn't have a correct answer.

In my case, exec should be enabled for Webapps only. Not for all users. I already changed the Webapps php.ini and the local value shows that exec is available. The master value still shows exec as disabled. PHP is not honoring the local value because my Webapps user still can't use the exec function.

Back