[PLUGIN] Softaculous for Direct Admin

for anyone else that want's to remove this completely here is how

run the uninstall.sh in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/scripts/uninstall.sh or remove via DA plugin section.

then remove the following folder and all contents

/var/softaculous/

/home/usersXXX/.softaculous

/etc/cron.d/softaculous

Last edited:
Hi,

i have tried everything mentioned in the previous posts but i keep getting this

Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/universal.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/) in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 14 Warning: include(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/universal.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 14 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/universal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 14 Warning: include(index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 15 Warning: include(index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 15 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/admin/index.html on line 15

Any idea how to fix it please?

Thanks in advance

Turn off open_basedir. Its not even going to be supported anymore anyways.

I already have set it to OFF at php.ini and also at "Default Open BaseDir for new domains"

That's why i am confused

Thanks for the reply. This is what i get when i run the above command:

[root@ukw plugins]# /usr/local/bin/php -d open_basedir=/ -d safe_mode=0 -d disable_functions="" /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/install_softaculous.php

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/softaculous/images/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/) in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/install_softaculous.php on line 204

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr) is not within the allowed path(s): (/) in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/install_softaculous.php on line 76
Could not save the Softaculous Package![root@ukw plugins]#

Functionalities like support for the disable_functions protection settings.
I think some of us would like this to be possible in the php.ini:
disable_functions = dl,exec,system,passthru,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close,proc_open,dl,popen,show_source

This can also be enabled this way with the competition (installatron) and offers reasonable part of the security/protection of the server.

Back