R.I.P. CentOS ?

I got all of my CentOS 8 servers converted to Rocky. First update to the latest CentOS 8 available and reboot. Then make sure the "powertools" is enabled. One last time "yum upgrade" before running the migrate2rocky script and reboot. DirectAdmin didn't even know that anything has changed.

Besides that I installed a few new Rocky servers with DirectAdmin. I didn't find any issues. Just make sure that, for now, you have SecureBoot disabled in your BIOS/VMware. The Rocky people are still waiting to obtain secure boot signing keys.

I wasn't going to wait until the end of the year before finding and testing an alternative for CentOS 8. Rocky is my preferred OS now. There doesn't seem to be a second (commercial) agenda.
I need to change the license OS? (For converting the CentOS 8 servers to Rocky)

Converted 2x Centos 8 servers to Almalinux 8 and its stable now for more than 4 weeks.
have you converted production servers to Almalinux? Which manual have you been using for this? Maybe you can share an url etc. so that i can give this to my technic guys that they can make the switch for me...

Thanks

have you converted production servers to Almalinux?
From their github page:
  1. Make a backup of the system. We didn't test all possible scenarios so there is a risk that something goes wrong. In such a situation you will have a restore point.
  2. Download the almalinux-deploy.shscript:
    $ curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AlmaLinux/almalinux-deploy/master/almalinux-deploy.sh
  3. Run the script and check its output for errors:
    $ sudo bash almalinux-deploy.sh
    Migration to AlmaLinux is completed
  4. Ensure that your system was successfully converted:
    # check release file
    $ cat /etc/redhat-release
    AlmaLinux release 8.4 (Electric Cheetah)

# check that the system boots AlmaLinux kernel by default
    $ sudo grubby --info DEFAULT | grep AlmaLinux
    title="AlmaLinux (4.18.0-305.el8.x86_64) 8.4"

5. Thank you for choosing AlmaLinux!

Back