Redirect from non-www to www

andreasfmpro

Verified User
I need to do 301 redirects from the non-www version of the website to the www version, for all my domains.

Thus far, I've been doing it via an htaccess file which I manually create and upload via FTP to the root.

The problem is, the moment I use DirectAdmin's Site Redirection feature to perform any other redirects, the original htaccess file gets hopelessly messed up, the original non-www to www redirection stops working, and I have no idea how to fix it.

Ideally, I'd create the non-www to www redirection from DirectAdmin's Site Redirection feature, but I have no clue how to do that. Can anyone help me? It sounds like a very easy thing to do, and yet I have not been able to find any solutions on Google. Thanks.

andreasfmpro

Verified User
Alex,

Thank you, but the link you sent me to contains information that is completely undecipherable to me. I am not a techie. I am just trying to do what should be a simple thing, but I guess DirectAdmin cannot handle. The tech support people at my hosting provider are of no help, either.

Arieh

Verified User
I'm guessing there isn't an easy solution for what you want: using both DA's redirect and also something DA's redirect doesn't support. Unless you're constantly changing redirects or need it on a large scale, I'd just create the DA redirects first, then add the non-www -> www code to it.