[Release] Exim Editor - No-Cost!

Hi David..

Can you advise what's in the new update, please??...

I seem to have issues everytime I update this script so I thought I would ask first.. ;)

Ed

I guess the owner let his domainname expire:

Registration Service Provided By: CompuBasix, Inc.
Visit: http://www.davlin.net

Domain name: mysiteplugins.com

Administrative Contact:
CompuBasix, Inc.
DNS Support ([email protected])
+1.3619060111
Fax:
P.O. Box 8169
Corpus Christi, TX 78468
US

Technical Contact:
CompuBasix, Inc.
DNS Support ([email protected])
+1.3619060111
Fax:
P.O. Box 8169
Corpus Christi, TX 78468
US

Registrant Contact:
CompuBasix, Inc.
DNS Support ()

Fax:
P.O. Box 8169
Corpus Christi, TX 78468
US

Name Servers:
dns1.name-services.com
dns2.name-services.com
dns3.name-services.com
dns4.name-services.com
dns5.name-services.com

Creation date: 09 Dec 2006 16:54:18
Expiration date: 09 Dec 2008 16:54:18

user skruf (David) is still an active forum member; the domain expired on the 9th; probably an oversight.

Try contacting him via PM on these forums.

Jeff

Hey,

Sorry, as noted the domain did expire... No, Exim Editor is not EOL'd.

You will see a placeholder for the domain but the download link is still available... Well, now that the domain has been renewed!

Again, sorry about the inconvenience.

David

What about this below, no answer received....

I like to see a function that we can manage ALL RBL's that are using. And not a "few" of them.

So is it possible to make a function where we can list all RBL's name, so there is a possibility for each customer to enable/disable a RBL ?

The current implementation of the SpamBlocker exim.conf file doesn't allow blocklists to be assigned on a per user or per domain level. Perhaps you can write the next exim.conf file and I can retire from that job :) ?

Jeff

Hello,

It would be nice that users can enable/disable the RBLs by them self for their domains. Also it would be nice that it shows ALL added RBL's with the Exim Editor, and not just a part of it.

It would be nice that users can enable/disable the RBLs by them self for their domains.
It certainly would be. It would require each user having their own section of the exim.conf file, or else some ANDing and ORing that's way beyond my abilities. If we got either working we'd probably want to sell it, rather than give it away as SpamBlocker, so we could afford to support it.

And, by the way, that's why those systems that offer the feature are so expensive.

Of course, as I've said before, it's all open-source software; you can certainly write it yourself.
Also it would be nice that it shows ALL added RBL's with the Exim Editor, and not just a part of it.
I don't use the Exim Editor so I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't it allow you to edit anything? Maybe I should install it and try it.

Jeff

That plugin doesn't work for my resellers. The script runs out of memory...
Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources/httpsocket.php on line 0
I've tried to allocate more memory through php.ini, but I keep getting the same message....

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources/httpsocket.php on line 0
I've tried to allocate more memory through php.ini, but I keep getting the same message....
That's because DirectAdmin doesn't use /usr/local/lib/php.ini but has his own "Apache" module.

Hello daveyw,
Thx for the reply.
I was aware of that and that's the one I tinkered with, not /usr/local/lib/php.ini

Can you please update this plugin so it will work with Spamblocker 3.2?

Thanks!

Keefe

Hey,

I'll have to take a closer look... My first look at 3.2 showed some major changes in the structure which increases the modifications needed to make Exim Editor work with it.

The two programmers I had have since move on... (Better and more challenging jobs in a different city... and I'm quite happy for them).

Anyway, I'll take a harder look.

Thanks, David

To see just how good the new SpamBlocker TechnologyTM exim.conf file really is, follow this thread. I'm hoping that JBMC, publishers of DirectAdmin, will be willing to use it in the future.

I'm not sure that anyone will require an editor; after the first install it shouldn't need editing; the fine tuning I've used has made it quite effective. We don't even add anything to the blocklists any more; they're not really helpful because there are so many bots sending spam that you almost never get two form the same server.

And we no longer recommend giving users a choice of using it or not. Since 97% of email or more is spam, we can't afford the luxury of letting our users decide if they want to block it or not.

We see very little false positives, but if you're going to program anything at all, I'd highly recommend a whitelist editor.

Jeff

Back