[RELEASE] Exim Editor Plugin for DirectAdmin

Hey,

Okay, Version 1.0 rc1 is now available!

The installer issue has been addressed and if there is any problem with it I would very much like to know.

Of course, I'd like to know about any problems!!

Thanks, David

Main page of the plugin:
Warning: file(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/plugin.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources/functions-application.php on line 0

Editing the domains to be used for RBL (Domains and RBLs) doesn't work. My changes are never saved.

That's it for now... ;)

Hey,

Okay, Version 1.0 rc1 is now available!

The installer issue has been addressed and if there is any problem with it I would very much like to know.

Of course, I'd like to know about any problems!!

Thanks, David

I still had a problem when upgrading. I had to uninstall and reinstall again.

Hey,

Thanks for the feedback... A couple of questions to get us on the right track.

Editing the domains to be used for RBL (Domains and RBLs) doesn't work. My changes are never saved.

What does the screen following the Save Changes say?

Also, if you would, send a report from the Report an Issue link on that page.

I still had a problem when upgrading. I had to uninstall and reinstall again.

What error/message do you see when you try to upgrade? I'm guessing you are upgrading from the Plugin Manager.

Thanks again,
David

What does the screen following the Save Changes say?

Also, if you would, send a report from the Report an Issue link on that page.
The page after I make the change says everything went fine and I can see the domains I added in the long list it shows me.

There is no "Report an issue" link on any page, as far as I can see...

Also at the bottom, I have this:
Installed: Available: 1.0 rc1

Hey,

Apparently it may be a permissions issue. Could you let me know what an ls -l of plugin.conf shows.

Also, you should be able to run the install.sh from the command line and it should reset all the permissions.

I'm not sure if the Domains and RBLs issue will be fixed with that, but do let me know.

Thanks, David

Hey,

We've identified the problem... Sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll have a fix out later today and I'll post once it's out.

Thanks, David

Hey,

Exim Editor has been updated to address the known issues and is now at Version 1.0rc2.

We should have the update script fully functional now. It will update the ioncube loaders as well.

If there are any issues with this version please let me know.

Thanks, David

Just tried 1.0rc3 and the issue is still here:
The use_rlb_domains file was not updated, likely due to a permissions issue. The exact error reported was:

Please use the "Report an Issue" link at the bottom of the page to inform us of the problem.

Hey,

Well, I apologize for that...

Obviously the Report an Issue link is working now as we got your issue report. Do the version numbers at the bottom of the main page show up OK now?

Also, would you send an ls -l of the /etc/virtuals directory via the Report an Issue link. That'll get it in our ticket system.

Thanks, David

Version show up fine now:
Latest Version Installed

Installed: 1.0 rc3

Available: 1.0 rc3

I don't feel comfortable giving you a list of my domain names...Could you tell me what you're looking for?

Hey,

Ah yes, all I'm interested in is these:

bad_sender_hosts
blacklist_domains
blacklist_senders
limit
use_rbl_domains
whitelist_domains
whitelist_from
whitelist_hosts
whitelist_senders

Thanks, David

Hey,

Thanks...

BTW, is that the only part that is not working correctly?

Thanks, David

Hey,

One more request...

Send a ls -l of /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/sources via the Report an Issue link.

Thanks, David

This is the first time this updated for me with no problem. I just wanted to let you know. Keep up the good work. RHE3

Hey,

All files are owned by root:wheel

OK, that would cause a problem... We do not set anything a root:wheel.

Can you run the update script (update.sh) that is located in the scripts directory (/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/Exim_Editor/scripts).

That should properly set the permissions. Of course, that should have run when you updated the plugin.

Let me know what happens when you run the update.sh. If that doesn't work could you try a fresh install and then see what the permissions are and let me know.

Thanks, David

Last edited:
Back