[Release] Rails in DA - Yet Another Ruby on Rails Plugin

interested

Interested, but how easy can we migrate from the thinkwebmedia rails for DA to yours?

Ok, experiencing multiple problems on running on FreeBSD, i guess was not really tested with a BSD machine, and would be needed lot of manual config to work...

Have problens running your plugin

Your plugin only seams to work on admin user level acount on our Centos. Also I have no answer yet from your support. Ticket #769729.

Salu2

Question.

I am using Rails on DA an i am wondering how can be created a Rails application to have public_html (of user) = public (of Rails) ?

Otherwise, with standard format (public = subfolder into public_html) is needed redirect, aso...

Wtf

Send several mails to daplugin, but i always receive same reply's without a correct sollution !

Can somebody help me out please?

First problem:
How to use Mongrel? I click to start mongrel, page is refreshing and mentions "loading". I believe mongrle isn't running at all. How can we see if mongrel is running on that application?

Second:
Start shell doens't work, even as login a user instead of reseller.
"Access denied".

Help welcome

Franky

Im still waiting to download the rails plugin i purchased. After i purchased and logged into my account i clicked on View and download. The link to download the pluging returns the following;

Invalid Resource Path

Maybe you should fix this if you intend to sell plugins and people can download what they paid for. This is supposed to be automated isnt it? I already PM'ed you twice, once more than 24hrs ago now without a reply. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The title of the link tells you where to download....as per the screenshot. We don't want to syncronize files with phpaudit while still want the plugins to be available to the public (as some may use the daplugin.build script to install), so we put a fake "file" in the client area.
Should you have any queries, please kindly submit a ticket in our support desk http://daplugin.com/support
Im still waiting to download the rails plugin i purchased. After i purchased and logged into my account i clicked on View and download. The link to download the pluging returns the following;

Invalid Resource Path

Maybe you should fix this if you intend to sell plugins and people can download what they paid for. This is supposed to be automated isnt it? I already PM'ed you twice, once more than 24hrs ago now without a reply. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2007-04-22_154708.jpg
    2007-04-22_154708.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Well sorry i didnt know what that link meant. Usually, i click on the link and can download the files.

I purchased this license yesterday and so far im fairly ticked off.

I have receive little or no support and i have been told that this is my problem. The problem is, that the rails plugin is having some major issues installing on a Freebsd box. I have tried installing it a number of times and get this after the plugin is installed;

Code:
Warning: main(/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/rails/include/cache/MOncEQtUb1Td.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/rails/include/common.inc.php on line 53

How many more ticket replies do i have to send to get Hehachris to reply??? Id say i replied 20 times and he has replied but twice. Im still waiting for a resolution.

The support sucks! So far i have recieved none. He got upset when i was asking questions about this module in PM only to be told to submit a ticket. So i did that but so far NOTHING.

And stop telling me its my problem. This is your module and your fix. This includes the daplugin.update script that fails to run. Not that i want to use it anymore. I will just install what i need to via the ports system but when i tell you the script has an error on line 53 then stop telling me that there is no error.

la1006# sh daplugin.build
daplugin.build: 156: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
la1006# ./daplugin.build
./daplugin.build: 156: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
la1006# bash daplugin.build
bash: Command not found.

Ridiculous.

Last edited:
i know you will post here. You are so famous here.
Thats why I said I was glad to issue a refund asap in the ticket.

1, I asked for access to your server THRICE, but you didnt cooperate. I try to do the support but you even didnt give me a chance. So what I could do is to imagine the problem that i cant see.

2, Open your eyes and see my screenshots in the ticket. I have NO freebsd box by now but the script and the plugin just work VERY FINE in my servers and I've just use the daplugin.build script to install tomcat for a client yesterday. That's wayI asked for root access or some how a god damn a/c that allows me to sudo, so that I know its the script problem that cannot run in Freebsd.

3, I never say thats all your problem, otherwise I wont ask you for root access. I've told you many times that I couldnt fix a problem that I can't see.

4, Again, I am very glad to refund asap. If you dont want me to refund please provide root access to your server and I promise everything will be fine very soon.

May i sleep now? Its 3 am here.

Last edited:
I have NO freebsd box by now but the script and the plugin just work VERY FINE in my servers and I've just use the daplugin.build script to install tomcat for a client yesterday.

Little tip, just install FreeBSD on your computer with some emulation system, such as vmware, which is free.

i know you will post here. You are so famous here.
Thats why I said I was glad to issue a refund asap in the ticket.

1, I asked for access to your server THRICE, but you didnt cooperate. I try to do the support but you even didnt give me a chance. So what I could do is to imagine the problem that i cant see.

2, Open your eyes and see my screenshots in the ticket. I have NO freebsd box by now but the script and the plugin just work VERY FINE in my servers and I've just use the daplugin.build script to install tomcat for a client yesterday. That's wayI asked for root access or some how a god damn a/c that allows me to sudo, so that I know its the script problem that cannot run in Freebsd.

3, I never say thats all your problem, otherwise I wont ask you for root access. I've told you many times that I couldnt fix a problem that I can't see.

4, Again, I am very glad to refund asap. If you dont want me to refund please provide root access to your server and I promise everything will be fine very soon.

May i sleep now? Its 3 am here.

Its 3am and your going to sleep? But you have not replied to my ticket in the past 12hrs so what have you been doing ignoring the requests?

I never said i wanted a refund and you never suggested it. I just wanted this thing to work didnt i? We dont give root access so you will have to figure out the problem based on what i have sent you.

at (Monday, April 23 2007 3:23am) I wrote:
"Otherwise I am glad to issue a refund asap."

I didnt ignore anything but do you see my replies? That's strange.

I replied at

Monday, April 23 2007 1:39am
Monday, April 23 2007 3:22am
Monday, April 23 2007 3:22am
Monday, April 23 2007 3:23am
Tuesday, April 24 2007 12:52am
Tuesday, April 24 2007 2:43am

You can track the ticket by entering your email address and the ticket ID 452198 at the bottom page in http://daplugin.com/support/

Normally the ticket system will send an email to you each time I make a reply. but your server bounced back:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=1715:
host xxx.com [1.2.3.4]: 554 5.7.1 Access denied

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host xxx.com [1.2.3.4]: 554 Mail appears to be unsolicited bulk mail

Last edited:
At last, Mr pucky read my replies stated in my last post. He seems not going to explain anything so I would like to clarify here.

I did reply to his ticket every time within working hours but somehow his server bounced back the emails sent from our server. Unfortunately he didnt know there is a feature called "Ticket Tracking" in our support desk. So saying our "support sucks" is really insulting and unrelaistic.

He couldn't run the daplugin.build script because he didnt have bash installed. So he got "bash: Command not found.". The fact that the script needs bash in FreeBSD is documented here.

The PHP warning message he got was our mistake. The wrapper included in the package was compiled in Linux, while his box is FreeBSD. This has been fixed very soon after receiving his replies to the orginally ticket.

I bought this product over 24 hours ago. I am yet to receive my license key, i am unable to download the order from their site (get an error about no permission), the link on the website to retrieve the license key says it does not exist in the database. Yet I can clearly see my invoice on the website for the product I have paid for.

I've logged a support ticket over 24 hours ago and have not received any kind of reply from them.

Friendly advice..... steer well clear of this product. If the situation changes soon I may be able to change my view but for the time being I have paid for a product that I am unable to use!

Back