Roundcube data not backedup

philmcdonnell

Verified User
Hello,

I did an admin backup/transfer from one server to another and on the new server the user is complaining that all their data from Roundcube is gone...

Is there anyway to backup/move the roundcube data?

Thanks...

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi, you need to manually export the da_roundcube database and import back on the new box.

For backup the DB run:
Code:
/usr/bin/mysqldump --skip-add-locks --user=da_admin --password=`grep "^passwd=" /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf | cut -d= -f2` da_roundcube > da_roundcube.sql
For import the Backup run:
Code:
/usr/bin/mysql--skip-add-locks --user=da_admin --password=`grep "^passwd=" /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf | cut -d= -f2` da_roundcube < da_roundcube.sql
Regards

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
I've never had any complaints about this, but I may be about to, as I've just moved a client from his own box to a reseller account on my server.

\Will your code examples add to an existing da_roundcube_da database, or overwrite it?

Thanks.

Jeff

netswitch

Verified User
Digging up an old thread but we have the issue still happening now.

When we migrate a user from one server to another with a directadmin backup, if that user used to have data in roundcube (contacts, ...) they are lost in the migration.

I have read the last post by smtalk (http://forum.directadmin.com/showthr...656#post255656 ) but I don't see a solution in there.

So is there now a possibility to include users roundcube data to directadmin backups ?

ditto

Verified User
@netswitch, As I am soon about to migrate a server, I asked DirectAdmin support about this. And as long as you don't have skip_roundcube_in_backups set to 1, it should be migrated. Here is the answer from support:

Roundcube data is transferred in backups, just make sure that skip_roundcube_in_backups is set to 0. You may verify with the following command:

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin c|grep skip_roundcube_in_backups

More information may be found here: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1062