Ruby on Rails GUI/Installer Plugin

Any news regarding this plugin? We are really looking forward to install RoR on some of our servers.

Hi Everyone!

I can test it on my servers on Centos 4.x, RH9, FC3, Fc4 and Debian. I am very interested in testing that plugin. If you need some betatesters please contact with me.

Regards,
Xeryph

Why not hand it over to someone who is interested in finishing the plugin?

It's virually done we are just testing more and it should be released in the next couple weeks. We just have to get some encoding issues sorted.

Sorry for the wait all.

Justin

Here is a screen to tide you over

rubyplugin.jpg

Hey Everyone,

we are doing a bit of redesign as we found it's pretty slow moving using dropdowns/textboxes etc to manage your ruby applications.

Shouldn't be too much longer so rest assured it's on it's way.

It looks great can't wait for it :) customers are wanting ruby i told em that is on our "TODO" list haha and does it work with CentOS 4.X ? if it did would be rocking :)

yes it will. It will be compatible with all red hat based systems. The plugin itself should be compatible with all, however the bash install script will need adjustments for bsd machines, and we may not be support that for the initial release.

Last edited:
It's looking under a week from now.

Don't quote me though :)

ordering system is all setup, just need to do some changes and some more tests.

Anyone have a fedora box we can play with?

send me a PM.

Justin

Justin,

I can build a CentOS 4 testbed for your specification if you'd like; please email me if you can use that.

Jeff

this most likely will not work on a 64 bit system as required libraries etc would not be found. If you can to give it a shot though send me a pm.

Back