Slow performance in general

oparra

hi guys,

I am testing directadmin, I have a vps on digital ocean, 2vcpu and 4 gb ram using isp config + nginx 1.10.3 + php 7.0.3 + MariaDB 10.1.44 on debian 9.11.

I only have wordpress sites and I am testing 1 on direct admin, this wordpress site is an Ecommerce, Woocommerce + wp rocket using nginx config from satelliteWP/rocket-nginx (I cant put links) + cloudflare + keycdn + aelia currency switcher (thats why the first tyme byte is that high, about 1 sec).

In general the performance is good as you can see on the graph

ispconfig.png

check the image, the spike between 12:40 and 15:40 is using the same site on direct admin.

is a new droplet with same specs but with direct admin install on it, so it has nginx 1.17.9 + php 7.3.16 + mariadb 10.4.12 on debian 10

I used exact the same config in both, php on demand, ssl on (my own certificate), the site on direct admin is really slow, I even deactivated firewall but the same history, hosting that site on directadmin using the same config increase ttfb in 3 sec average, that is too much, check the image.

I am not seeing something?, there is some special config on this?

greetings

Please make sure you're testing the same website, with the same code and same database. similar PHP/MariaDB versions recommended. Then it's be a more fair test.

same php config, same nginx config, same website, the only differences are on versions

same php config, same nginx config, same website, the only differences are on versions
You can install Opcache, tune mysql (InnoDB better than MyIsam for WP). Check disk load (maybe old faster).

Back