SMTP Isn’t working, can’t connect via SMTP port 587 even though it is open

tomwin

Verified User
Hi, When i check my to /etc/exim.variables.conf i do have this inside daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587
But when I trying to connect to google suite SMTP using smtp.google.com using port 587 I get error.
I do have IP-tables and CSV I think the name was.
Is there something I should do more to get it to work?

Hi, When i check my to /etc/exim.variables.conf i do have this inside daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 587
But when I trying to connect to google suite SMTP using smtp.google.com using port 587 I get error.

Your server's hostname is smtp.google.com?

Or you're trying to connect to to Google server from your server for some reason?

Hi, i was trying to use google suite SMTP because the outgoing registration email from my site is end up in inbox for spam
Or you're trying to connect to to Google server from your server for some reason?

If you connecting to google your not connecting to the DA server. You are connecting to google. Try setting up an App specific password in if you want to use google.

Also there are lots of reasons any New DA server email ends up in spam. The server is new on the internet and has no reputation. You also most likely have a whole lot of items like spf and reverses not setup.

Google search for "google app password"
finds this.

Google search for "google app password"
finds this.
Hi, I have set up 2 step verification on my google account after I tried to connect SMTP to google g-suite again I get this error
smtpmail_fsock_error_initial

Hi, I have set up 2 step verification on my google account after I tried to connect SMTP to google g-suite again I get this error
smtpmail_fsock_error_initial
Where are you doing this to get this error?

Trying to set up the SMTP and when I trying to save the new setting and it trying to connect to log in to my G-suite email then I get this error.

wherein what application? Is this for the IP boards application?
Yes it is. When I trying to save the settings. It will try to send out a test email to verify the the new settings is ok. Then this error turn up.

Have you scoured there help files for how to set it up for the IP boards application? This wouldn't be in DA

Try this one, maybe it helps:
SMTP host: smtp.google.com
SMTP protocol: SSL
SMTP port: 465

Be aware that also port 465 has to be opened on your server.

Yes it is. I enter

SMTP host: smtp.google.com
SMTP protocol: TLS
SMTP port: 587
username: [email protected]
pasword: password to my email
Might look here too.

If your SMTP server requires SSL or TLS you may need to prefix your SMTP Host with ssl:// or tsl:// to have the system recognize these requirements

Back