SOLVED Centos 7: Error build PHP 7.4 & 8.1

Basicly if when I update to Almalinux will everything still work for my clients. Things like SSL and most important mail.
I need to be able to go back to previous if something goes wrong and I can't fix it. If there is an issue it needs to be fixed fast.
So I think it will be best to start a clean new server and slowly move everything.

Basicly if when I update to Almalinux will everything still work for my clients. Things like SSL and most important mail.
Yes, several people (including me) have upgraded their Centos 7 to Almalinux, search for "inplace upgrade " at the forum
I need to be able to go back to previous if something goes wrong and I can't fix it.
If you have an VPS start with an snaphot when bare metal there are other solutions
So I think it will be best to start a clean new server and slowly move everything.
If you have the time for it this is the best approach

I had the same issue on a Centos 7 server, fixed like this (DA 1.656 on current update channel):
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build list_removals
./build remove_items

then a message came that I had to manually remove something so I did with this command:
./build remove_old_local libiconv
this command showed that I had to do a ./build all afterwards because things would otherwise be corrupted.

So lastly I issued this commands:
da build all

Be aware, during compilation it will throw some errors about php-fpm not being able to be started but that is normal, after the build all is ready, everything is working flawlessly again.
I followed this instruction because I am now stuck on php 7.4 and 8.0 and I found out that the libzip was too old according to the failure.

However now I have this problem: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/php-fpm82-is-currently-down.69538/ . most of the php versions simply refuse to build.

Shouldn't custombuild take care of these libraries? I'm a little confused why I am having so much trouble changing my php1,2,3,4 versions.

I had custom php build configurations that included iconv. after removing them I was able to build.

However now I have this problem:
You are posting in a solved thread and referring to a solved thread.
So I don't know exactly what is going on, I presume you followed the link and followingn posts which I referred to there? Being this one:

Also check the iconv tip from @RoRoo here.

You are posting in a solved thread and referring to a solved thread.
So I don't know exactly what is going on, I presume you followed the link and followingn posts which I referred to there? Being this one:

Also check the iconv tip from @RoRoo here.
I identified my issue as being identical (checking for libzip >= 0.11) and the solution presented here created some new issues for me. To be specific after the solution custombuilds refuses to build php and is referencing missing folders and other issues. Build all will also fail. A new solution is needed, which I found in a different thread. My problem is solved, I got it running again after the second fix. You are the author of both posts to thank you for that :)

I thought it would be best to share this for future references. So when others search for this lipzip issue they know they need additional steps.

ps I have never heard of iconv before comming to this thread. It is something that was either installed by custombuild or by centos. My question that remains would be why custombuild can't take care of keeping the required libzip up to spec so that simply doing build php doesn't break your server.

Thank you, that makes things clear for me. Sometimes I'm also having a bit of trouble since I'm not native English.

But it's good to see your issue is fixed now too. Indeed sharing for future references is always a good thing, thank you! (y)

Back