SOLVED Centos 7: Error build PHP 7.4 & 8.1

Having same issue here. After adding PHP 8.1 all my php version builds fail as well.
- Tried using build all
- Tried build php n
- Tried rewrite_confs

Code:
Job for php-fpm81.service invalid.
Job for php-fpm74.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status php-fpm74.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Job for php-fpm80.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status php-fpm80.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

@RoRoo, did you just set CURL to no and build php again? Or did you run other commands as well?

any errors after build?
See "systemctl status php-fpm74.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details -what shows?

Having same issue here. After adding PHP 8.1 all my php version builds fail as well.
- Tried using build all
- Tried build php n
- Tried rewrite_confs

Code:
Job for php-fpm81.service invalid.
Job for php-fpm74.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status php-fpm74.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Job for php-fpm80.service failed because a timeout was exceeded. See "systemctl status php-fpm80.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

@RoRoo, did you just set CURL to no and build php again? Or did you run other commands as well?
Yes, Set it to no and rebuild php. (./build php_expert <versionnumber> php-fpm)

Hmm I am having the same issue once more:

./build php n :
checking for zip archive read/write support... yes
checking for libzip >= 0.11 libzip != 1.3.1 libzip != 1.7.0... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libzip >= 0.11 libzip != 1.3.1 libzip != 1.7.0) were not met:

Requested 'libzip >= 0.11' but version of libzip is 0.10.1

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBZIP_CFLAGS
and LIBZIP_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure file

Old config was PHP 7.3 with modphp and mod_ruid2=yes. I have now set mod_ruid2 = no, php-fpm and php 8.0.

My CB is not showing it's specific version:

./build version
Any thoughts on how to fix?

Last edited:
Try and see whether it helps:

Code:
da build remove_old_local libzip
da build php

I had the same issue on a Centos 7 server, fixed like this (DA 1.656 on current update channel):
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build list_removals
./build remove_items

then a message came that I had to manually remove something so I did with this command:
./build remove_old_local libiconv
this command showed that I had to do a ./build all afterwards because things would otherwise be corrupted.

So lastly I issued this commands:
da build all

Be aware, during compilation it will throw some errors about php-fpm not being able to be started but that is normal, after the build all is ready, everything is working flawlessly again.

hi

run the following command and trigger the build again.

Code:
yum -y remove libzip
./build php n

I had the same issue on a Centos 7 server, fixed like this (DA 1.656 on current update channel):
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build list_removals
./build remove_items

then a message came that I had to manually remove something so I did with this command:
./build remove_old_local libiconv
this command showed that I had to do a ./build all afterwards because things would otherwise be corrupted.

So lastly I issued this commands:
da build all

Be aware, during compilation it will throw some errors about php-fpm not being able to be started but that is normal, after the build all is ready, everything is working flawlessly again.

Hi Richard,

I can't update my PHP versions too on DA with CustomBuild.
Happened after adding (build) PHP 8.3.
checking if iconv supports errno... no
configure: error: iconv does not support errno
doPhp_build: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/php-8.3.0.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.aucXSre0Dp.php-8.3.0.tar.gz'

When I try this in Terminal I get the message:
bash: cd: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild: Permission denied

Is this a CHMOD issue?
The folder is on CHMOD 700 root root

When I try this in Terminal I get the message:
Permissions are fine as far as I can see. If you get the permission denied, then you don't have full root permissions.
You have to login as root in SSH or su to root with root permissions, in some operating systems the su - command is required for that.

As root I was able to do it, removed all. But still getting issues when updating..

checking for libxml-2.0 >= 2.9.0... no
configure: error: Package requirements (libxml-2.0 >= 2.9.0) were not met:

Package 'libxml-2.0', required by 'virtual:world', not found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBXML_CFLAGS
and LIBXML_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.
doPhp_build: failed to compile '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/cache/php-8.2.13.tar.gz' inside '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/tmp/tmp.HZaiYXsdHj.php-8.2.13.tar.gz'

Last edited:
What OS and version are you on?

Can you check the result of:
yum list libxml2
if you are on Centos/Alma

[root@x ~]# yum list libxml2
Failed to set locale, defaulting to C.UTF-8
CentOS-8 - AppStream 186 B/s | 38 B 00:00
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'AppStream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: No URLs in mirrorlist

MariaDB
CentOS-8

Last edited:
Oh then you have a problem. Centos 8 is EOL almost a year now. Next to that they killed the yum app stream so updates and new packages can not be downloaded.

I don't know how to fix this, maybe somebody else does. Best option is to upgrade, either convert to Almalinux 8 or upgrade to Centos 8 Stream (I personally would not chose that one).

I had a snapshot which got it working again. Need to think about it. Don't know about the consequences it will have.

Back