SSL Key Size options?

LawsHosting

Verified User
What are these? And why is it defaulted to one of the NIST gobble-de-gook ones?

What did I miss? How come all these options? How do they work?

2020-06-15_20-41-38.jpg

Thanks for the report. I've made a change to limit those ECC certs to just the 3 important variants, and simplified their naming:

They're related to this change in 1.61.0:

where DA gets the list from:
Code:
openssl ecparam -list_curves
where it looks like your openssl has far more options that I've seen before :)

Pre-release binaries are now available.

John

I only noticed this (I should actually read versions changelog) because a client mucked up their LE certificate...... I recreated it with the default key size and the browser complained about something (can't remember what).... So I chose 4096 and recreated it.

Do we need to do anything for these keys to work with browsers?

I only noticed this (I should actually read versions changelog) because a client mucked up their LE certificate...... I recreated it with the default key size and the browser complained about something (can't remember what).... So I chose 4096 and recreated it.

Do we need to do anything for these keys to work with browsers?
No, nothing special :) Was it some outdated browser/OS (like windows xp?).

Can we please get the ability to select the default. Most users just click and have no clue which is the best option.

Yes, ecc_certificates=1 is directadmin.conf option :) Set it to 0 if you want RSA.

I want a user to be able to have access to ECC and RSA. What I want is the ability to set the default as an example to 2048 RSA.

Yes, ecc_certificates=1 is directadmin.conf option :) Set it to 0 if you want RSA.

Back