SSO PHPMyAdmin returns a blank page

Zethrus

Verified User
Hello,

I recently have made an attempt at configuring single sign-on authentication for phpmyadmin and directadmin, however I am running into a few issues it seems.
The main issue I am having is when a user clicks on the phpmyadmin button or "login to phpmyadmin", the user is redirected to a white blank page with the URL "directadminserver.com/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php". No error message, nothing but a blank white page.

I have followed the guide posted over here regarding this exactly as described: https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2473
I am a bit confused on the "user/db/db_view.html" part though, as the Evolution skin I am using doesn't have such a file listed at /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/user/db/db_view.html, I could only find such a file at /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/default/user/db/db_view.html

I'd also like to note that I'm using the latest beta channel DirectAdmin update and my database is hosted remotely on another server (not sure if that matters). I use external MySQL to increase web server performance.

Could someone assist me with configuring this properly?

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

If you see an empty page that might mean you have a 500 error in PHP. What PHP version do you run?

Will it show any errors?

Code:
php -l /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php
php /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php

Will it show any errors?

Code:
php -l /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php
php /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php
Ran both those commands, result was;
First command returned "No syntax errors detected in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin/direct_login/index.php"
Second command returned nothing.

OK, then if you are not familiar with PHP and don't have enough knowledge to debug a PHP script, then you might open a ticket with DirectAdmin support and let them to check your server.

OK, then if you are not familiar with PHP and don't have enough knowledge to debug a PHP script, then you might open a ticket with DirectAdmin support and let them to check your server.

I have a fair bit of PHP knowledge, but nothing with this specifically.

Unfortunately it looks like I cannot even open a ticket...
Code:
This is an Internal License on guest login.
Please contact your license provider for technical support.

What host do you see in line #37 of the script?

I 've got
PHP:
$host = 'localhost';

That should be be changed of course, but it hardly is the root cause of the issue.

By the way open a browser console (network tab) and refresh the page to see what HTTP code is it in a response. Search internet if you don't know how to do it.

That should be be changed of course, but it hardly is the root cause of the issue.

By the way open a browser console (network tab) and refresh the page to see what HTTP code is it in a response. Search internet if you don't know how to do it.
I changed the host, nothing changed and I'm still getting the blank white page.
Response code returned as status 200.

Attachments

• response.JPG
    response.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
Within the php script I seen that $user and $pass is still set as username/password, does that need to be changed or something?
I also noticed this:
Code:
// Uncomment and change the following line to match your $cfg['SessionSavePath']
//session_save_path('/foobar');

Checked the phpmyadmin config file, and did not see a $cfg['SessionSavePath'] value set

OK, that's not a 500 error. What do you see in response headers?
Response Headers:
Code:
cache-control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
content-length: 0
content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 16:11:27 GMT
expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
pragma: no-cache
server: nginx
vary: User-Agent

I would expect to see something like Location: ../index.php in headers. And it should be a POST request.

Hi guys,

I found a few issues when using a remote host= in the /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf file.
2 changes were needed, both in the DA binaries (currently pre-release only) and custombuild rev 2408.

After updating both, and re-installing ./build phpMyAdmin, if you run into any issues, let me know.

John

Back