User with 2 domains and sites, split into 2 users

RoRoo

Verified User
Hi,

I've got a customer who has splitted his company into two different companies managed by 2 different persons.

Currently the customer has two different sites running on 2 domains managed by 1 user.

What we want to do is the following:

Create a new user, transfer 1 site/domain from user A to user B.

I've seen the backup function but it backups everything instead of just 1 site.

Is there a way to do this cleanly?

Once it backs up everything open up the tarball and remove the domain you don't want to move. Then restore the backup for a new user.

Warning: untested.

Jeff

Once the backup is complete simply rename the domain on the first account, then restore it under a different user and delete the old one once you confirm it works.

vandal said:
Once the backup is complete simply rename the domain on the first account, then restore it under a different user and delete the old one once you confirm it works.
Eh, where can I rename the domain then? Ah.. Found it

Problem is that our servers are linked together so I have to remove the domain completely to be able to restore it.. (or am I incorrect?)

hrmm not sure on that one. I *think* when I did it on a solo server was make a backup, rename the domain, restore the backup and then remove the old one. Was something like that.

:p

I'll check into this next week.. for now: Thanks for the assistance and have a great weekend..

Hey guys, I thought I'd bring this thread back up..

I'm having the same problems this gent was. I need to split two domains from a single account into separate accounts.

I can follow the train of thought about renaming the domain, however.. where do I do that on the user panel?

thanks for your help!

Back