Webalizer - Old logs

TurtleBay

Verified User
How do I get webalizer to import old logs that I have for sites that I have moved to DA?

Right now, webalizer only has stats from the date DA was installed. I have old logs for these sites.

Thanks,
John

Hello,

You can copy your usage_*.html and *.png files into:
/home/username/domains/domain.com/stats

I'm not sure if webalizer actively looks in the directory to import the usage_*.html files, so you might need to add links to the usage_*.html file in the index.html.

John

I need webalizer to parse the old logs first...that's what I need help with...

John

What I'm wondering is - what is the command line I pass to webalizer to get it to use the same config DA makes it use?

John

When we moved our clients to our new DA server we simply gave them directories inside their sites with the old webalizer files in them.

Jeff

Hello,

We use this:
Code:
/usr/bin/webalizer -p -n domain.com -o /home/username/domains/domain.com/stats /var/log/httpd/domains/domain.com.log

John

When we moved our clients to our new DA server we simply gave them directories inside their sites with the old webalizer files in them.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the (as usual) helpful post.

Just wanted to clear up exactly what you did:

- You took all the files in the old /stats directory (in the case of H-Sphere, from which I am migrating, it's in the /webalizer directory, but same difference)
- Then you just waited, and webalizer updated the stats normally with no problems?

Are there any considerations for permissions settings?

I was planning on putting the old stats in /webalizer-old/ and letting DA start when I moved the domain over, but obviously your way would be better.

Thanks!

I'm sorry my first post wasn't complete enough for you to understand that what you planned on doing is exactly what we do.

We never even tried to see if DirectAdmin's Webalizer would write to the old directories; perhaps you'll want to try it :).

Jeff

Back