What happens on 1/1/2022 with current FreeBSD Servers running DirectAdmin?

hi, DA will stop receiving updates and stay with the last version that was release before distro became EOL. CustomBuild script will stop working completely.

Thank you for the reply! It sounds like the best thing to do before getting over to a new server is to update everything as best as I can and then get over to something new in the mean time.

CustomBuild script will stop working completely.
Not me but you can run and have some configs together with that script(s) some may need to change some settings and have to run build before to move or backup and restore to other servers / versions.

Not sure but only asking. ;)

Not me but you can run and have some configs together with that script(s) some may need to change some settings and have to run build before to move or backup and restore to other servers / versions. ;)
I don't know what you are saying. I would just need to backup from within DA on the old server and restore to the new as far as I know. Any adaptations would happen on import. Do you see anything wrong with that?

I don't know what you are saying. I would just need to backup from within DA on the old server and restore to the new as far as I know. Any adaptations would happen on import. Do you see anything wrong with that?
Could be not sure , i mean if you have (very) old versions ( or even old not used anymore in newer configs and settings for some) on that box in use live ,( apache , php, mysql) it could be better if possible to update them before on that old box ( so before you do the backups to migrate) and for some settings then you need build, i am not sure custombuild.

That is gonna make the restore then easier for some i guess out of the blue.?

Now I understand. I've done backups from a box running FreeBSD 7.2 about 6 months ago and everything went fine. The box I'm referring to is a FreeBSD 11.2 box but I need to move both. Those on the old box I intend to notify to find local IT and hosting support elsewhere because my business is growing in other ares too fast and I don't have time for it.

So you chose that one? I will maybe try rocky linux in about 6 months.

Oh customers.. Someday I might have a few more.. Its more of a hobby per the government for me..;)
AlmaLinux looks like the heir-apparent to me. They have quite a few integrations. They have to behave with Rocky out there. There is nothing life-changing about switching when they are both tailing Red Hat.

Do you do any hosting for other people now? Are you interested? I have a few remaining that I can give you.

Last edited:
I have seven servers running FreeBSD and want to move them to AlmaLinux within the coming week. One of them has Expired and I just cannot get to the Control Panel to even backup the domains, can login but then you get License Expired and rather unfortunately DA has not answered me.
used ./getLicense etc to refresh or update the License key but no luck.
Any Help please guys

I have seven servers running FreeBSD and want to move them to AlmaLinux within the coming week. One of them has Expired and I just cannot get to the Control Panel to even backup the domains, can login but then you get License Expired and rather unfortunately DA has not answered me.
Any Help please guys
I’d suggest using command-line commands to create directadmin-compatible backups.

I’d suggest using command-line commands to create directadmin-compatible backups.
Hello I tried using the manual commands but cannot find the admin-backup command and thus am stuck, have looked around to resolve, please help

Any Help please guys
If you would upgrade DA to the latest available version for FreeBSD it would work with the new licensing system. If you are running very old DA instance you can perform upgrade manually with commands:

Code:
FILE="directadmin_a3e4091814582ab3c0fecea62ff5c1f956e023da_freebsd_amd64.tar.gz"
curl --location --progress-bar --connect-timeout 10 "https://download.directadmin.com/${FILE}" --output "/root/${FILE}"   # downloads given directadmin build into /root dir
tar xzf "/root/${FILE}" -C /usr/local/directadmin                                                                         # extracts downloaded package to /usr/local/directadmin
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin permissions || true                                                                    # runs post-upgrade permission fix step
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/update.sh                                                                                  # runs other post upgrade fixes
service directadmin restart                                                                                               # restarts directadmin

Back