WiseNav DirectAdmin Plugin

Wisenav does live up to its promise---

We at FreedomProHosting.com have looked for 3-4 years for a suitable web building application for our clients to use, some were just to plain and then there were the ones that were good, But there was a large learning curve to understand what could be done, most of the better ones were made for users to install on their PC, complex and confusing.
Then we came across WiseNav, the more We looked , the more impressed we were----the perfect solution, easy as pie to use and was a server based script.
Amazing, the potential and power and ease of use .
I had Fun!! builing a site and you will too
Bravo, WiseNav, Wonderful application

We will be installing demo's for folks to try, these will be real installs that you can do anything with in the potential of the web builder's capabilities

Lmfao? Im confused..................................I will find another product...f this.

Old Western Movies

Sometimes when I read this thread I am reminded of old Western Movies...you know, the one where the wagon pulls into town and the medicine show starts.

All we need now is a web page creator with a Gabby Hayes logo and Gene Autry riding into town to save the day.

o.k. so any updates or new info on WiseNav or a simular solution out there.

noticed WiseNav web site is down?

A-O.K. the server was down for maintenance...

Just installed WiseNav server wide and am trying it out on www.artforkidsonline.ca

Seems very easy to use, and was easy to install on the server. www.VancouverWebHosting.com

Now I will say, sure do wish the templates could be downloaded and accessible from my server, and that there were a wider variety, as well as the removal of the WiseNav logo so that I can brand it to my web site. I would gladly pay for this too... ;)

Last edited:
WiseNav

Good popnts --

we are doing the template distribution along with the manager...

leaving the wisenav tag for now

don

Some branding would be wise...

Having your tag but allowing each company to insert their url So it would be "Built with wisenav brought to you by nexxterra.com"
But done so both wisenav and nexxterra.com both get a clickable link, good for advertising and also adding links to your hosting co.
(replace, obviously, nexxterra.com with hosts url!)

can you explain to me when i use the upload feature.. its upload the file with permission 600

so its not readable..
normally we need to change move_upladed_file for @copy in the script but i dont find it into the plugin wisenav..

i post here screnshoot of this problem

Attachments

• screen_wisenav.jpg
    screen_wisenav.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 230
@ duke28
I see that the permissions are as you say, but I can see the picture in admin and its also visible on the site :confused:
Have you tried to re upload that picture or try a different one?

@ Nexxterra.com, This would definitely be a "good" thing and I have also been communicating with Don about this.
@ MaxPower, I have also been discussing this as well, I have built a template, designed for a special niche and would like to have it so when the client uses that template, the only resources available would be what is included in this specific design , mostly just to keep it more simple.

Having your tag but allowing each company to insert their url So it would be "Built with wisenav brought to you by nexxterra.com"
But done so both wisenav and nexxterra.com both get a clickable link, good for advertising and also adding links to your hosting co.
(replace, obviously, nexxterra.com with hosts url!)

I'm very wary of installing this on my servers:

1. wisenav.com does not work on Chrome
  2. Flash sites are no longer best practices for web design
  3. Multiple misspellings on wisenav website
  4. wisenav.com states that 12.5 million has been invested in development, yet there is no visible profit model and very few "customers"
  5. "Fake" customer pushing it on this forum
  6. The sales speak all over the website is too much to handle, eg "Wisenav is the genesis of a new web era"

Think I'll pass on this one. However please keep researching partners, would love to see a solidly ready-built content system for non-tech website owners.

can you look my problem please.. ( already posted )
its sure you have the same probleme if you run this plugin into suphp and php-cgi for the upload picture option..

its get a chmod 600..
so picture cannot be readable..

uploading pictures

We recommend the use of the conversion manager

please ensure that picture names do not include !@#$%^&*()

Thank you

don

I'm very wary of installing this on my servers:

1. wisenav.com does not work on Chrome
  2. Flash sites are no longer best practices for web design
  3. Multiple misspellings on wisenav website
  4. wisenav.com states that 12.5 million has been invested in development, yet there is no visible profit model and very few "customers"
    [*]"Fake" customer pushing it on this forum
  5. The sales speak all over the website is too much to handle, eg "Wisenav is the genesis of a new web era"

Think I'll pass on this one. However please keep researching partners, would love to see a solidly ready-built content system for non-tech website owners.

Man, hope you're not refering to me?? :confused:

I tried the program, found it was interesting... however didn't continue with the product.

I ultimately choose siteZen..

Feedback from a "real" customer.

First, let me say I have sitezen installed for my clients as well, I agree site zen is awesome, but the "learning" curve is steep, the publisher of the script will agree with this too.
I installed wisenav to cater to customers that want instant satisfaction and do not seem to want to read!
I find both programs great and I feel they will apeal to different clients.
That said.... My feedback, so far....
1- the copyright thing mentioned earlier, I would like my company name on the bottom, and maybe wisenav logo a little bit less noticable.
2- refering to webpages as "scenes" is causing a lot of confusion, I am constantly telling the users to replace the term "scenes" with pages.
3- once set up and you have edited, when you come back for another sesion, click on the wisenave in DA and you have 2 choices, neither apply at all and are quite confusing.
As for the post re: the ammount of investment in the product and the fact it is new, I personally look forward to watching a product that starts out as good as this one has... things will only get better!

to each their own...
I agree that Wisenav is a great tool, I am working on changing a few things, like the 'Scenes' menu name, once I finish, I will ask for permission from the authors.
I agree with you on sitezen, not bad but for 250-350 per server, I will pass.
whats that old saying, about looking a gift horse in the mouth?
so far all who have gone with using WiseNav are happy, I have not answered a lot of questions, unlike other programs I use.
One thing I have noticed with the guys at WiseNav is they always answer me and take what I offer into consideration and even commend me on my input and help.
I guess the bad part here is that it is free?

PS
I'm not using it as a plug-in, I have converted the script to use on other than suphp

Wisenav DA Plugin

I just got done installing and thought that I would try it out and I get an error;

Code:
wisenav error starting the application unable to load the configuration values

What do I need to fix and where?

Back