WiseNav DirectAdmin Plugin

Wisenav DA Plugin

Me thinks I found the solution. I had created a directory for it while I was in the shell instead of in the DA panel and the directory was set at 775 instead of 755. Once I changed it she worked fine. This looks like it could be a very nice offering for my customers.

Last edited:
Me thinks I found the solution. I had created a directory for it while I was in the shell instead of in the DA panel and the directory was set at 775 instead of 775. Once I changed it she worked fine. This looks like a nice offering for my customers

You are right on!

don

We would really appreciate any feedback from all of you.

What can we improve?

Here is what we have so far...

Feature/fix
spiffup up --more visual
Folders for Picture content
PayPal integration
new and improved text editor
new and improved photo album
new or improved calendar
forms creator gadget
gadget API
blog gadget
forum gadget
survey gadget
social networking gadget
chat
improve image management
improve scene menu feature
upgrade to faster action script.
improve speed
improve buttons
Audio autoplay
improve audio video skins
pps content support
adobe pdf support
better partner install process
scripts to help partners
ability to chat with wisenav
header and footer bar
import content via code snippets

Hello,

We're pleased to announce a free Content Management System (CMS) plugin for DirectAdmin. The plugin will install WiseNav which is a very simple drag-and-drop system for creating websites.

This plugin requires that suPhp is installed as the default php version (.php files run suPhp)

WiseNav Plugin version: 0.1-beta

Which currently installs WiseNav: 3.1.13

To install the plugin, go to:
Admin Level -> Plugin Manager

and paste in this URL:
Code:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/wisenav/wisenav.tar.gz

This plugin is currently in testing, so please keep all support questions relating to the plugin contained to this forum.
Also keep in mind that we're not the authors of WiseNav, so won't be able to offer assistance for issues pertaing to WiseNav itself.

If you install WiseNav to your public_html folder via the plugin, note that it will extract itself over any data that may already be there. Backup your data before installing it.

A screenshot of the plugin can be found here:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/wisenav/screenshot.jpg

A functional demo of the WiseNav admin interface can be found on the WiseNav website by clicking the "Instant Try It" button at the bottom right.

John

Branding....

Lets face it, I do not mind giving my clients this useful tool, however, I want to be able to brand it so they know I was the one that provided it to them.
I would like this to show on the top of the page and also in a link on the bottom of the users site "hosted by"

To install the plugin, go to:
Admin Level -> Plugin Manager

and paste in this URL:
Code:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/wisenav/wisenav.tar.gz

This plugin is currently in testing, so please keep all support questions relating to the plugin contained to this forum.
Also keep in mind that we're not the authors of WiseNav, so won't be able to offer assistance for issues pertaing to WiseNav itself.

If you install WiseNav to your public_html folder via the plugin, note that it will extract itself over any data that may already be there. Backup your data before installing it.

i am an new user of DA....but i don't get this plugin working....

yes i can upload it through my admin DA account....but my users and so do i do not see the option to use it....what is the next step to let this wisenav work?....only installing the plugin does not seem to do the trick :P

PM Spam

I tried to send this as a PM to directadmin support, but it says that account doesn't accept PM's.

I received a PM from donpare on 09-27-2009 @ 10:46 PM
Title: wisenav end-users love it
Call me about the product...the current users --100% are very happy wioth the experience

[email protected]

I don't think this type of PM spam is acceptable anywhere and I am surprised that this plug-in is sponsored/supported by DirectAdmin!
:eek:

So you want to waste everyones time...

Dude, I follow this thread because my clients use this program, so imagine my delite when I found out that there was a new email to check out... is it a bug? a cool update? a security issue???
NOPE, it is someone complaining that he was sent an unsolicited message almost 3 months ago!
PM me, I will show you how to delete those unwanted emails and PMs with just a few simple mouse clicks!!!

Dude, I follow this thread because my clients use this program, so imagine my delite when I found out that there was a new email to check out... is it a bug? a cool update? a security issue???
NOPE, it is someone complaining that he was sent an unsolicited message almost 3 months ago!
PM me, I will show you how to delete those unwanted emails and PMs with just a few simple mouse clicks!!!

It was an unsolicited message from the developer of this program.

Doesn't that make you less likely to trust the person with your clients information?

Not at all...

As direct admin has put their support behind this endevour, I have confidence in it.
As a Canadian company the stupid SPAM laws that do not come close to working do not apply in Canada.
The government there feels that the delete key should do the trick.
My point however was the fact you posted your reply 3 months after you got your email.
I do not think that the people at wise nav will use your customer info for anything but improving the program. As this is not an "end user" service they provide but rather a "wholesale" service to those that run servers, It would be silly for them to use customer data for anything except stats.
Give the script a try, it is free, and like spam, if you do not like it... just delete it!!!
I personally would like to see more support for this as I can see this being one of the ways us smaller hosting companies can compete...

watch out, this doesnt work with mod_ruid as it seems.

Besides that, why would you run suphp anyway?!
mod_ruid has a lot more functionality, its way better :S

---- fixed ---

So a workaround to make this work under mod_ruid :P

Edit the config

Code:
srv01:~# nano /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/wisenav/user/config.php

Look for this line
Code:
function has_suphp()

Below this function youĺl find:
Code:
               if ($arr['default_php'] == "5" && $arr['php5_cgi'] == "yes")
                {
                        return 1;
                }

if ($arr['default_php'] == "4" && $arr['php4_cgi'] == "yes")
                {
                        return 0;
                }

return 2;
        }

Change the 1 - 0 and 2 all to 1

This tells the installer that suphp is on, its stupith anyway to use suphp in anyway.
Use mod_ruid! its way way more better.

you dont need suphp at all.

Nice plugin, i like it its pretty fun and easy to use.

Last edited:
Really?, nice find, I agree suphp isnt a choice I want :p

watch out, this doesnt work with mod_ruid as it seems.

Besides that, why would you run suphp anyway?!
mod_ruid has a lot more functionality, its way better :S

---- fixed ---

So a workaround to make this work under mod_ruid :P

Edit the config

Code:
srv01:~# nano /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/wisenav/user/config.php

Look for this line
Code:
function has_suphp()

Below this function youĺl find:
Code:
               if ($arr['default_php'] == "5" && $arr['php5_cgi'] == "yes")
                {
                        return 1;
                }

if ($arr['default_php'] == "4" && $arr['php4_cgi'] == "yes")
                {
                        return 0;
                }

return 2;
        }

Change the 1 - 0 and 2 all to 1

This tells the installer that suphp is on, its stupith anyway to use suphp in anyway.
Use mod_ruid! its way way more better.

you dont need suphp at all.

Nice plugin, i like it its pretty fun and easy to use.

Back