DirectSlave/GO 3 - public beta

Thanks for updating that on your site -- Martynas (smtalk) has also verified that your IP address right now matches the one used in the past, so this doesn't appear to be a hacked account.

Sorry for this, but I am sure you realize how much online robbery there is. Just like you had to deal with robbery :(

Thanks for updating that on your site -- Martynas (smtalk) has also verified that your IP address right now matches the one used in the past, so this doesn't appear to be a hacked account.

Sorry for this, but I am sure you realize how much online robbery there is. Just like you had to deal with robbery :(
Guys from JBMC Software! I received your donation. You are awesome! You just saved me. With all my respect, I'm lost for words to say all my thankfulness to you!

Well he managed to put the same message on his domain.. But what confuses me is the email address to be honest.. doesn't look like Roman's one and he is not replying on Skype...

Ok.. I guess it's settled it was you! I did notify DA Staff because I wasn't 100% sure and I was concerned that someone might have gained access to your account :)

Ok.. I guess it's settled it was you! I did notify DA Staff because I wasn't 100% sure and I was concerned that someone might have gained access to your account :)
Nope, Andrea, It's me. How are you? Are you still in London? ;)

PS: I deinstalled Skype years ago...

Hi Roman, I'm fine thanks. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience, that really sucks!
I no longer live in London, now I live in Spain with my GF and our little baby ^^

>now I live in Spain with my GF and our little baby ^^
You are a father now, like I am too. My congratulations!

PS: My question about a London - it's a test, so you could be shure it's really me.

Directslave doesn't stay running after start up.
On my nameserver I've encountered this once before and was able to alter the uid in the conf and things worked again.
I recall having done an update of DS too.

Now, while checking again a (long) while later, it seems DS wasn't running anymore and I think it's permissions related again.
During the first time it happened, I changed the uid from 53:53 to 105:105, which seemed to work fine at the time and DA was able to sync domains again.
But now it doesn't anymore.
Log-files don't show anything 'recent', letting me to believe they also can't be written properly.

Any pointers?

(Ubuntu Linux 20.04.1 VPS)

Last edited:
What are alternatives to DirectSlave?
Set up a cron-job perhaps?

The more I try to get this running, the more I seem to wreck things.
Can(could) only get a connection from DA to DS when I ran DS under root-privs from the terminal. And now I'm getting invalid user-errors in DA.
I've already spent a few hours on this and I'm getting ready to forget about it.

You have to use the uid/guid of the bind user/group on your server. So just use the command

id bind (or named, not sure what it's called on centos)

And set the uid/guid it returns in directslave.conf .

I've done that a number of times. Tried the 'default 53:53' too, to no avail.
Bind = 105
Group = 110
I've entered that into directslave.conf, stopped and started it numerous of times. Chown'ed the everything down from the Directslave-directory to Bind:Bind.
But the only time it seems to work properly is when I manually start directslave --run or with from the terminal with root-permissions.
Simply restarting the VPS and let DirectSlave start by itself it results in a "Unable to connect a socket" in DA.

My code script is now updated
but this might give you guidance

Last edited:
I've done that a number of times. Tried the 'default 53:53' too, to no avail.
Bind = 105
Group = 110
I've entered that into directslave.conf, stopped and started it numerous of times. Chown'ed the everything down from the Directslave-directory to Bind:Bind.
But the only time it seems to work properly is when I manually start directslave --run or with from the terminal with root-permissions.
Simply restarting the VPS and let DirectSlave start by itself it results in a "Unable to connect a socket" in DA.

Hi!

If you can give me access to your VPS I will check it for you.

Just to document a steps for further searchers.

If you have a systemd enabled linux distro, you need to install DS as a service.

Create /lib/systemd/system/directslave.service with content

INI:
[Unit]
Description=DirectSlave for DirectAdmin
After=network.target
[Service]
Type=simple
User=named <- replace this with bind in some cases
ExecStart=/usr/local/directslave/bin/directslave --run
Restart=always
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

then do

# systemctl start directslave
# systemctl enable directslave

and voila.

# systemctl status directslave
● directslave.service - DirectSlave for DirectAdmin
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/directslave.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-12-24 23:24:13 CET; 1min 24s ago
Main PID: 610 (directslave)
Tasks: 8 (limit: 501)
Memory: 10.0M
CGroup: /system.slice/directslave.service
└─610 /usr/local/directslave/bin/directslave --run

Dec 24 23:24:13 vps*********************** systemd[1]: Started DirectSlave for DirectAdmin.
Dec 24 23:24:14 vps*********************** directslave[610]: *** Starting DirectSlave GO/3.4.1 Advanced server ***
Dec 24 23:24:14 vps*********************** directslave[610]: *** (c) Roman Mazur <[email protected]> 2012-2020 ***
Dec 24 23:24:14 vps*********************** directslave[610]: Going background.

@bdacus01 I think you can add some systemd automation into your installation script.

Reactions: BBM
Back