Search results

1. V

Automated backups stopped working

Hello, I just found out that since about a month ago, on 2 of our servers the automated weekly backups configured in directadmin have stopped working. This also affects resellers that have automated backups configured. If the backups are executed manually they work just fine. Crond is working...
  2. V

Custom 404 error page not showing on subdomains

Hello, One of our clients has created his custom 404 error page and it works correctly on his main domain. But whenever a 404 error happens on his subdomains the default 404 error page appears instead of his custom error page. Does anyone know why this would be happening? The webserver is...
  3. V

Uninstall clamav

Hello, I have tried to follow this guide as usual to uninstall clamav (https://docs.directadmin.com/other-hosting-services/exim/antivirus.html) but the command "./build remove_clamav" isn't responding anymore and just showing all the custombuild options available. How can we uninstall clamav...
  4. V

RHEL/CentOS 6 is not supported by DirectAdmin anymore.

Hi, Today on a vps I tried to reinstall exim with custombuild but it gives the error "RHEL/CentOS 6 is not supported by DirectAdmin anymore." I can't even run a simple command like "./build version" Is custombuild completely unusable from now on? Regards
  5. V

How to find out when a client downloaded/deleted his emails

Hi, It's quite common for clients to call us telling us their "email disappeared". Almost always this means they configured the email address as POP or deleted the emails themselves but I'd like to know if this can be found out easily in the maillog file. Does anyone know what to look for...
  6. V

Error when trying to run build exim

Hello, On a freshly installed centos7+directadmin server I get the following error when running ./build exim ../../src/libspf2/.libs/libspf2.so: undefined reference to `dn_expand' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status make[4]: *** [spfquery] Error 1 make[4]: Leaving directory...
  7. V

Redis issue

I just installed a new server and when installing rspamd I get the following error: The details show the following: Rspamd appears to be running correctly but no logging to redis. Any idea how this can be fixed? Regards!
  8. V

Super slow backup restoration

Hello, On a couple of new installed servers with directadmin we are seeing super slow backup restoration. In one case it is taking almost 30 minutes to restore 5 accounts with a total size of 500MB. For example it halts during a couple of minutes with every user with the following message...
  9. V

Letsencrypt ssl on centos6

Hi, We have some clients who are running centos6 and since the letsencrypt root expiration are having the following issues: 1) Whenever wget or curl is used in a cron it gives the following error: ERROR: cannot verify www.domain.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Let\'s Encrypt/CN=R3'...
  10. V

Sql_mode getting ignored

Hello, We just installed a fresh server with mysql 5.6.51 and it's not accepting sql_mode when we configure it in the my.cnf file. We want to remove STRICT_TRANS_TABLES and just configure my.cnf with the following option sql-mode="NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" But this configuration is not being...
  11. V

SSL issues since yesterday

Hello, Since yesterday some of our clients are having issues with their scripts connecting through ssl or when trying to connect to a mail server with tls. For example, one client uses a specific plugin with wordpress that uses curl and is giving the following error: *** QuickLaTeX cannot...
  12. V

Antelope / Barracuda issue

Hello, One of our clients needs to install moodle and is having issues because with mysql5.6 antelope is used and moodle needs barracuda. The fix is supposed to be easy adding "innodb_file_format=Barracuda" to the my.cnf file. But as this is a shared hosting server, we obviously don't want to...
  13. V

Greylisting

Hello, How can we activate greylisting? I know it's necessary to install redis but once redis has been installed, what has to be included in directadmin configuration files? A small how-to would be really useful to configure greylisting and reduce spam. Regards!
  14. V

Brute force monitor issue

Hello, On one of our servers we can't get the brute force monitor page to load because it has a too many entries. We have cleared all brute* files in /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin but there are still showing hundreds or thousands IPs in the Blocked IPs section. Is this information cached...
  15. V

Moving a domain between users

Hello, I have found the following script but this hasn't been updated since 2011: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=58 Is this still functional? If yes, will it copy all information related to this domain (databases, files, email accounts etc.)? Regards
  16. V

CSF/LFD pignore

Hi, I know CSF has it's own forum but I haven't been able to find a solution there. As a lot of directadmin users also use CSF maybe someone has a suggestion. We've got the "Suspicious process" option activated in case a process exceeds an amount of time. But this is giving a lot of false...
  17. V

SSL page suggestion

Hello, Nowadays, almost all clients are fine with a free letsencrypt certificate and don't need anything else for their websites. Right now when a user wants to install a free letsencrypt certificate, 5 options in total are presented in tabs which is confusing. One option is called as you know...
  18. V

Restoring a user backup as admin/reseller?

Hello, One of our clients has created a backup inside his directadmin user panel on another host and wants us to restore this backup on one of our servers. Is there an easy way to import this backup? This backup was created on another server, with a different IP etc. Regards
  19. V

Php version not changing

Hello, One of our clients is running a vps with litespeed and we are seeing a strange behaviour with the php version. When we upload a phpinfo file inside the user domain it shows php 7.1 but the version installed on the vps is php 7.0. We have recompiled php a couple of times but it still...
  20. V

Cannot find the script /etc/init.d/spamd

Hello, After updating the latest dovecot/spam fighter we are receiving the following error messages on our servers: When we try to restart spamd from directadmin it returns the following error: Only after reinstalling spamassassin everything is corrected again. This is happening on all of...
Back