DirectAdmin 1.62.0 BETA-1

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

We're very pleased to announce BETA testing for DirectAdmin 1.62.0.
Version: 1.62.0-BETA-1
Compile Date: April 20, 2021

The full list of changes are listed here:
https://directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.620000

Major new features

There are many other new features and bug-fixes, I'll say "too many to list", so please check the versions page, above, for more information on all changes.

Note: With the new "Go" wrapper system, several internal code rewrites have taken place.
One being how redirects are sent to a browser, which are now relative (/) , not absolute (https://host:2222/), and changes to the host/referer checks now store the port in the session file itself, for a simpler direct match. As a result, you will end up being logged out after the update/restart succeeds, this will be normal. Just login again to have the new session set the new host format, and you can continue as normal.
More info: https://directadmin.com/features.php?id=2967

As this is a massive release, and I'd say overdue, we're first releasing it as BETA to catch any possible bugs.
Many of these change/features have been in the pre-release binaries for quite some time now (bugs less likely), but other have not (
Once we're done with any first-wave of bugs, we'll release it as RC1, and finally with the full 1.62.0 release, likely near the end of May.
Due to the longer-than-usual period since the last release, we will be pushing for more regular releases.

I'll be pushing fixes/updates to the binaries as they come available, and ill update the BETA-1 and Compile Date flag.
If they're changed, please update again.

Testing
To give this release a try, use the pre-release guide:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

We're most interested in automated SSL certificate requests and renewals, cgroup enforcement, and any other noted issues with the Go wrapper changes.

Downgrade
If, after some testing, you decide you would like to revert to the production binaries, you can use the manual update guide to grab them:
Note, your session host value will be in the new format, so you'll get logged out when switching between old and new.

Reports
Should you have any issues, please first check the New Feature Testing forum so we don't get flooded with duplicate.
Post there to a new unrelated thread, if the issue has not yet been reported.
Avoid email/tickets for now, unless it's something urgent or has some security implication.
We previously recommended reporting issues to the announcement thread, but with this many changes, that would likely get tricky to keep track of :)

John

Happy dance!!!! about the time and looking forward to stable release soon :)

Just had to add the Ipv6 records manually on so many DNS records across 100 websites. Absolutely love that the new version automatically adds the IPv6 SPF record. Thanks so much for this. :)

Good news a new version is coming. To bad though none of the bugs I reported or confirmed here on the forum seem to be fixed, is there a better place to report bugs?

This was already possible for years:
in directadmin.conf just add this line:
Code:
extra_spf_value= ip6:2a02:x:xxxx:x:1

watch the double space after = !
Hi @Activ8, Thanks for pointing that out. So if I add this extra_spf_value = ip6:2a02:x:xxxx:x:1, then will this add the ipv6 to all the domains in the server, or will this add the ip6 to only the domains with which the particular IPv6 is assigned.

For our servers, we only wanted the server hostname's IPv4 and IPv6 SPF Records, and the additional IPv6 allocated to every user to appear in their SPF Records. We don't want all the IPv6 records which are assigned to other users to show up globally across all the domains SPF Records. Would that be possible with this?

So if I add this extra_spf_value = ip6:2a02:x:xxxx:x:1, then will this add the ipv6 to all the domains in the server

This will add this value to all domains on that server
We don't want all the IPv6 records which are assigned to other users to show up globally across all the domains SPF Records. Would that be possible with this?

No so far I am aware of

they new design of icons/hybrid is really hard on the eyes, and not comfortable like the previous icons.
my suggest return the previous icon set and design.
or let hosts to choose the icons set availble.

Overall I like the look of the the new Refreshed layout. I posted some findings on my server. The screens seem a-lot faster. I wonder what the ole enhanced folks think of the new Refreshed Evo look..

The only major thing I could find is the Admin Backup is Broken

The only major thing I could find is the Admin Backup is Broken
May you screenshot it? What's broken there?

without dark mode on it hurts my eyes.
May you provide more feedback on this? Any specific icons?

they new design of icons/hybrid is really hard on the eyes
These are the same icons from the modern icon set, just with a bit changed color scheme. Are there any specific icons causing the problem?

Back