DirectAdmin 1.62.0 BETA-1

Can a checkbox be included to select all files? It could be really useful for end-users
https://feedback.directadmin.com/ might be handy for you. Would be nice if they also removed those weird double click actions while they’re at it. I would upvote it there since it would be a really useful feature. It seems like the feedback system blocked our account there though and the DirectAdmin guys haven’t responded to my requests about that yet.

Last edited:
May you screenshot it? What's broken there?

May you provide more feedback on this? Any specific icons?

These are the same icons from the modern icon set, just with a bit changed color scheme. Are there any specific icons causing the problem?
the colors of the new icons contrast is hurting the eyes, some icons looks unprofessional compare to old icons packs

Just installed the beta but suddenly I see there is an new option added to domain setup :
1619548576450.png
What does mean? on this server Nginx is setup as reverse proxy for Apache
But why is Nginx is not enabled ? or should I enable this?
Why is this option for? this is not visible with Enhanced skin BTW

EDIT: when I'm enable this I get this error:

Unable to modify that domain​

nginx=1 requires nginx_proxy=1 and the DirectAdmin Pro-Pack

Still not clear

Just installed the beta but suddenly I see there is an new option added to domain setup :
View attachment 4309

Still not clear
My best quess: something with the nginx unit setup

View attachment 4309

Still not clear
I think this option should only be visible if you have NGINX_PROXY active and the DirectAdmin Pro package. Then this must be a bug.

I think this option should only be visible if you have NGINX_PROXY active and the DirectAdmin Pro package. Then this must be a bug.
Yes, it will be fixed. This option is to let customer sites run on standalone nginx, instead of proxying the requests to Apache. They can also select CMS template for friendly URLs and caching for wordpress.

The changelog looks pretty useful however in my opinion the per domain backup should be available in standard license. I understand that you have to make a profit but backup feature is an essential feature andyour competitior like plesk already have this feature and many many more those directadmin don't have. In fact at this time DirectAdmin is not the best choice for new custpmer that want to enter to hosting from 0 - DirectAdmin license with unlimited domains cost $29 your competitor cost similarly $25 monthly with a lot of features wchich not exists in DirectAdmin like, incremental backup, git support, docker suppport and a lot of other things that is easier to do amd not required manual editing configuration files.

per domain backup should be available in standard license
You already have it in user-level :) Pro-pack is about more advanced backup, allowing per-file, per-database etc. restores.

$29 your competitor cost similarly $25 monthly
Which competitor are we talking about? I'd call it a different feature set. I'm not sure if they have OpenLiteSpeed support, feature sets, plugins as package items, rspamd, nginx unit, nginx template selection on user-level for CMS, MX templates, resource controls etc.?

Hi @smtalk and the rest of DirectAdmin team.

Thanks for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving this great Control Panel, and more importantly presenting the community with a solid option.
I have a question about this upcoming feature:
  • Ability to throttle resources per-user (CPU/RAM/IO etc.)
Is this implementation going to be for Admins only or there'll be a UI for Users as well like the one CloudLinux has, which is accessible on this type of URL, "https://sub.domain.tld:2222/user/plugins/resource_usage#/current".

Thanks.

Hi @smtalk and the rest of DirectAdmin team.

Thanks for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving this great Control Panel, and more importantly presenting the community with a solid option.
I have a question about this upcoming feature:

Is this implementation going to be for Admins only or there'll be a UI for Users as well like the one CloudLinux has, which is accessible on this type of URL, "https://sub.domain.tld:2222/user/plugins/resource_usage#/current".

Thanks.
It is there already. Users see their usage and get notifications on limit hits :)

How can we test those pro-pack features?
Every retail standard/lite license has it. Every other license that extends support gets a pro pack too ($199/year). I’d like to note that bulk pricing is automatic and available for retail licenses (-15% to -25% off).

Ah installed the pre-release version on a test server with a lifetime license that's probably why I don't see these features.

Every retail standard/lite license has it. Every other license that extends support gets a pro pack too ($199/year). I’d like to note that bulk pricing is automatic and available for retail licenses (-15% to -25% off).
what would the price be for theo pro-pack on lifetime licences?

This raises the following question for me: for a short time there was the "owned" licence (replaced the traditional lifetime licence --> https://web.archive.org/web/20190711165157/https://directadmin.com/pricing.php), this was valid for one year when purchased and has to be renewed every year for 99$ to get updates and support, how does it look in this case?

"Every other license that extends support gets a pro pack too" says for me that I also get it because I've to pay for the updates. Is that right?

Last edited:
You already have it in user-level :) Pro-pack is about more advanced backup, allowing per-file, per-database etc. restores.

Which competitor are we talking about? I'd call it a different feature set. I'm not sure if they have OpenLiteSpeed support, feature sets, plugins as package items, rspamd, nginx unit, nginx template selection on user-level for CMS, MX templates, resource controls etc.?
Where is that option? I am on 1.61.5 version and when I go to user level > User Badckup I can't select individual domains to backup - do you mean that option in the beta?

Back