All backups are not working anymore.

Thanks to all.

I've searched and find some backupETC.lock into:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin

Removed and now appear working again.

Last edited:
Hi, i'm so sorry to open this thread again but error come again, has worked "randomly" until today.

Removing all locks:
find /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/ -maxdepth 1 -type f -name 'user.action.lock' -print0 | xargs -I {} -0 rm -v "{}"

find /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ -maxdepth 1 -type f -name 'backup_slot.*.lock' -print0 | xargs -I {} -0 rm -v "{}"

I can made the backups only of the smaller users, all the othersr ones still block after few seconds.

I've also activated detailed logs under CMD_ADMIN_BACKUP, as example, i've started one "big" (latest backup made 10 days ago is 1,7G) and stopped after few seconds here:

getlock(/home/totel/user_backups/baumassive/backup/baumassivelab.com/subdomain.list, 'ListFile::writeFile') : finished
getlock(/home/totel/user_backups/baumassive/backup/baumassivelab.com/subdomain.list, 'ListFile::writeFile') : start

Any further suggestions will be really appreciated, thanks.

I can made the backups only of the smaller users,
What does
Code:
df -h
give?

The server wont backup unless there is enough free space.

Look in Admin side > Admin settings > Administrator settings > at bottom
Allow Users with less than 90% disk usage create backups.

So if your user has a 1 GB plan and has used 900MB they wont be able to back up.

I had same problem today, my logfile had these errors and backup jobs where not running

Code:
2022:05:26-16:16:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:16:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022
2022:05:26-16:17:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:17:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022
2022:05:26-16:18:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:18:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022

And no running jobs when i did a process list and then i looked in the path

And there where 3 backup_slot.lock files and after i deleted them then my backups where running again, no need to restart anything so directadmin must be looking at these files on regular basis to determine if it can run the backup it has in is queue

I had same problem today, my logfile had these errors and backup jobs where not running

Code:
2022:05:26-16:16:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:16:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022
2022:05:26-16:17:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:17:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022
2022:05:26-16:18:01: Running Backup: type=reseller owner=admindk id=(null)
2022:05:26-16:18:07: Cannot get a backup slot for admindk's backup: ./data/admin/backup_slot: pushing to next task.queue: file is locked by another process: lock created Thu May 26 12:23:06 2022

And no running jobs when i did a process list and then i looked in the path

And there where 3 backup_slot.lock files and after i deleted them then my backups where running again, no need to restart anything so directadmin must be looking at these files on regular basis to determine if it can run the backup it has in is queue
Unlock using these commands (it show you removed files list):

find /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/ -maxdepth 1 -type f -name 'user.action.lock' -print0 | xargs -I {} -0 rm -v "{}"

find /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ -maxdepth 1 -type f -name 'backup_slot.*.lock' -print0 | xargs -I {} -0 rm -v "{}"

Anyway i never find a real fix, on two servers now i'm using Jetbackups, it help me to better manage backups.

Has anyone solved this problem? My server has the same problem after updating Curel and Direct Admin and changing the IP.:(

Has anyone solved this problem? My server has the same problem after updating Curel and Direct Admin and changing the IP.:(
Hi, i've dismissed all VPs's with that issue some times ago and until now, in 22 servers with Directadmin (some big shared, little VPS with 1 domain etc etc) never happened again.
Please check if you have correctly updated main ip in you server and if there are old locks of your backups, look above.

Last edited:
If the file /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ftp_upload.php has a default content and doesn't contain custom code, then you might want to remove /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ftp_upload.php

The problem was not solved with the above methods, finally the problem was solved simply by rewriting the following file:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/
cp -rp /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/ftp_upload.php /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ftp_upload.php
chmod 755 ftp_upload.php
./ftp_upload.php
;)
It was related to the FTP backups?
It's really better Rsync or something like Borg Backups for external backups, imho.

It was related to Admin Backup/Transfer

Have you probably managed to identify where from the file /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ftp_upload.php was installed on your server? Can it be from Installatron?

Have you probably managed to identify where from the file /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ftp_upload.php was installed on your server? Can it be from Installatron?
No! This problem occurred after changing the IP.

Back