nano -w /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh
insert :
#!/bin/sh
echo $username >> /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/permissions.txt

chmod 755 /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/user_create_post.sh

4) Add daily updates to Crontab:
nano -w /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron
Replace :
10 0 * * * echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
With :
10 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

5) Login to DA Admin panel and click on the AWSTATS plugin link and activate all existing users ( other then service users like admin, dovecot, clamav, etc)

aubergedunet said:
Hello Sullise,

For my error message, have you any ideas ?

actually, it says what the problem is:

LastLine parameter in history file is '20061207003308' so in future

Look in the awstats*.domain.tld.txt file for the current month, search for "LastLine" change the date to something in the past like 20061201...

Sean

Last edited:
Hello all,

I have just updated to awstats 3 , but now al the stats are gone :(

what to do , is there a solution for this problem, ofcourse i have backups from al.

Regards
Hans

How could the stats be gone? It doesn't touch the existing stats file.

Look in the /etc/awstats folder...see if any *.db files are there.

YOu didn't deactivate and then reactivate all your users on install did you? That possible would have wiped out all the data.

I installed the awstats plugin and it's working fine ... if i run de script manual.

If i use crontab, it's updating the last update time but nothing in the output changes:

so, manual i run:

/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directad
min/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

it's working fine. But when I setup the cron:

30 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directad
min/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

its updating the refresh time in de /awstats/ dir of each website, but nothing changes.

what could it be?

Did you put it in as:

30 0 * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats_updateall.pl now -awstatsprog=/usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/awstats.pl && echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

Sounds like you're running it AFTER the tally and webalizer run. Has to be run BEFORE it..thus the above is the proper crontab.

Installed this plugin but cannot get update.sh to download awstats file, getting file not found error.

I have changed the update.sh like instructed before in this thread to get latest 6.6 version.

still no go.

sullise,

May I suggest making a new post with the new, improved/updated version of the script and asking a mod to close this thread down?

works said:
Installed this plugin but cannot get update.sh to download awstats file, getting file not found error.

I have changed the update.sh like instructed before in this thread to get latest 6.6 version.

still no go.

If you're installing 3.0 (my updated version) you don't have to modify anything.

Senad said:
sullise,

May I suggest making a new post with the new, improved/updated version of the script and asking a mod to close this thread down?

Probably good idea.

Hello Sean,

I have installed your most recent version 3, When I try to run update.sh

it is trying to get awstats-.tar.gz

if you notice version number is missing in the file name, and getting file not found and ends with error messages.

I am not sure about the problem but I have not altered any of the files. I have installed a previous version before but deleted, checked that there are no old file left then reinstalled your plugin from DA, then ssh'd and ran update.sh with no luck.

thanks.

Back