AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

I installed 2 new DirectAdmin boxes, and 2 times I have this problem:

Code:
Error: Couldn't open server log file "/var/log/httpd/domains/r3v.nl.log" : Permission denied

Setup ('/etc/awstats/awstats.r3v.nl.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I checked on google and this forum, there is NO permission problem. I tried it all, changed ownership of that file, chmodded it. Just doesn't work. Maybe it's Fedora Core 5 related? I have seen more problems during on FC5 :(

sullise said:
Probably good idea.
Shall I close this thread? Probably not, as a lot of people are probably still using this version and need a place to write.

Jeff

That would be your call as you're the mod and this is not technically my thread, but fusionsctl's.

Someone can post the solution for "Error: Couldn't open server log file..." during stats update from web

Hey fusionictnl,

There's a small glitch in your script (nothing unsecure). If you have E_NOTICES enabled in your PHP configuration you get an error if the user dont have awstats enabled for him.

So in user_img.html and in user_txt.html i've changed:

Code:
if ($deny==1) echo '<a href="/CMD_PLUGINS/awstats"><B>AwStats Statistics</B></a>'; else echo " ";

to

Code:
if (isset ($deny) && $deny==1) echo '<a href="/CMD_PLUGINS/awstats"><B>AwStats Statistics</B></a>'; else echo " ";

Besides that the plugin works fine (Tested in CentOS 4.4)

Fusion hasn't been around in months....he's pretty much abandoned this. So check out my thread for the newest version. This "bug" though is probably in my updated version as well.

fusionictnl's last post was January 26, 2006.

Does this thread still serve a purpose, or should it be locked?

Jeff

I think you should lock it and paste the link to the "current" post. I was thinking that there were 2 versions... :rolleyes:

I believe the two versions are different, and I'd bet that some folk are still using the version covered in this thread.

One vote to lock. Any more votes :) ?

Jeff

One more vote to close this old thread, there are too much outdated posts in this forum that get bouced ocasionally :)

yeah although I said I still use this for some servers (reason admin requested default no auth) I still support the closure of this thread since it is no longer supported.

Note the Note which now appears at the top of the thread. I'm still not sure about closing the thread; there may be some people with questions someone can answer.

Jeff

Back