AwStats plugin for DA [Still in BETA]

jmstacey:

The permissions are being (re-)set for the dir, even if it exists. You delivered me the changes to set it to user:user.

UltimeWWW:

Where do you get this error, what does this error say ?

If it is that the log format isn't correct, check if the logs exists for the user.

kamsel:

It is fixed ? How ???

Fusionictnl, I figured out that it creates directory in /public_htmll/ just after jmstacey responded to my question [ shema on me ]. So I basically deleted this directory and tried to install it again...it worked.

fusionictnl said:
jmstacey:

The permissions are being (re-)set for the dir, even if it exists. You delivered me the changes to set it to user:user.

UltimeWWW:

Where do you get this error, what does this error say ?

If it is that the log format isn't correct, check if the logs exists for the user.

kamsel:

It is fixed ? How ???

Well it's a basic DA server. Gonna check this out more carefully.

fusionictnl said:
jmstacey:

I looked at the index.php file where it does its check for the awstats directory, if it exists it echos its (re-)seting the permissions but there is no code after that to do do the actual setting of permissions, it just moves on to the next step. I'll take a close look when I get home, I probably missed something again. :)

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry for bugging you, but I cannot find something.

I've installed the plugin and now I thought I should have /awstats stats on the domains. The only thing I have is a .conf file in /home/username/awstats/.

Is there anything I forgot to do?

Thanks!

[root@reseller scripts]# ./uninstall.sh
Plugin Un-Installed!
[root@reseller scripts]# ./install.sh
Plugin Installed!
./install.sh: line 5: //this: No such file or directory
chmod: failed to get attributes of `user/*': No such file or directory
chown: failed to get attributes of `user/*': No such file or directory
chmod: failed to get attributes of `reseller/*': No such file or directory
chown: failed to get attributes of `reseller/*': No such file or directory
chmod: failed to get attributes of `admin/*': No such file or directory
chown: failed to get attributes of `admin/*': No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `/etc/awstats': File exists

Oh. I couldn't find the link to the CMD_PLUGINS dir. Is it in the skin or not? Otherwise I have to tell my clients.

By the way, I want to install awstats on one server on all domains. Is there an script for that?

Hey,

You must install the plugin through the CP. This shouldn't have anything to do with the Skins. The plugin is available to all domains (users-level) and they can choose to activate it or not.
I will try to get it on the admin page to install it on all domains.

Icheb

All versions of DA are vunarable for the Logfile Input check. They probaly don't think this is something big :P It is the latest version, so I don't know if in the latest build this is solved.

Last edited:
That would be great!

But where do I find the awstats/plugin section on a user-login? I cannot find it.

First remove the plugin from the plugin Manager in the Admin section. Then install it again and you should see it at the user level from any domain.

I did that, but when I login as a user, I still don't see any buttons that has to do with plugins or awstats :(

Jep

Do you removed the dir in /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats (completly?)

Otherwise If you have MSN you can PB me with your adres, so we can walk things through and not flooding this topic too much with one problem ;)

Thx!

jep said:
I did that, but when I login as a user, I still don't see any buttons that has to do with plugins or awstats :(

As a user or as a demo user ?
Demo users/resellers don't have the plugins visable/usable...

Updated v1.0:

*- Added alldomains.php to the hooks dir! (installs awstats on all domains)
*- Updated alldomains.php to reset all permissions even if the files exists.

alldomains.php is very simple and could do some wrong things to your machine, be carefull when running it! I tested it on 3 machines FreeBSD,RedHat and Fedora. They all worked fine!

Keep me updated if it works!

AWSTATS - countries not working

Hi,

Thanks guys, awstats is working great.

But I have 2 questions:

1. I see the stats aren't accepting any country informaties (there are all unknow).

2. Stats are working fine via http://www.domain.com/awstats/domain.com.html, but howto create automaticaly subs to each domain name and forward that index to the stats of that domain?

Keep on doing that great work!

Regards,

Franky

Re: AWSTATS - countries not working

decafranky said:
Hi,

Thanks guys, awstats is working great.

But I have 2 questions:

1. I see the stats aren't accepting any country informaties (there are all unknow).

Make sure that your apache resolves hostnames.
2. Stats are working fine via http://www.domain.com/awstats/domain.com.html, but howto create automaticaly subs to each domain name and forward that index to the stats of that domain?

Regards,

Franky
That's one thing I also want to know. ;)

Updated v1.1

DNSLookups are working now (Country lookup).
You will need to remove all old .txt files of the domains (otherwise only new data will be lookuped) and reactivatie awstats on the domain(s) (Otherwise the configuration files aren't corrected).

If it already workes, you can Tweak awstats yourself by changing the template config: /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/awstats/hooks/cgi-bin/none.awstats.conf

and setting DNSLookups to 0

If it still doesn't work you can check www.awstats.org and search for the GeoIP(free) plugin and implement this one to awstats.

Regards,

Franky

Could you explain how http://www.domain.com/awstats/domain.com.html works ?? there is normaly only a awstats.pl in that dir with some links ?

And how do you mean automaticaly forward ? Does awstats do logging of subdomains ? I thought it counts it to it's main domain ?

I should be wrong about this, so please explain some more, so I could maybe add this feature :)

Thx!

Last edited:
resolve hostnames

Hi,

I have searched in the httpd.conf file, but can't find anything what is pointing to resolving hostnames...

Even via webmin, the apache server, can't find it.

Where should i activa hostname lookup (resolving)?

Regards,

Franky

Back