DA monitoring and Zabbix

Albert

Verified User
DA is already monitoring it's services, but maybe I didn't find the right way to use this functionality (admin/stats) because there is not a lot of information and graphics about Cpu, memory and so on...

I was thinking to install ZABBIX and I would like to know if this is can create conflicts or problems with DA ? (Zabbix need Apache and Mysql...)

I guess not, but maybe I wrong...

Thanks

Last edited:
I have not used ZABBIX, but if you are looking for detailed resource usage I am personally using HetrixTools. They provide a script for that.

For example:
example.png

Runs without any issues. They also have DirectAdmin PHP monitoring available for user accounts. Maybe that could be of interest.

Otherwise, I hope someone can comment on your ZABBIX query.

No worries. From within the forum I can see Zabbix as a recommendation here, here, and here but some are rather old threads.

What is your use case? I mean, do you have room for trial and error? If you have sufficient backups, etc.. why not give it a go?

Sorry I couldn't be of more use :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more use
Thanks for your reply
Zabbix need Apache and Mysql which is already installed with DA, and I am little bit worry to create some conflict between DA and ZABBIX running on the same VPS.

Thanks for your reply
Zabbix need Apache and Mysql which is already installed with DA, and I am little bit worry to create some conflict between DA and ZABBIX running on the same VPS.

We have a perfectly functioning Zabbix Server 4.4, installed from the source, on a dedicated server with CentOS 7, Directadmin, Nginx+Apache, PHP 7.3 and MariaDB 10.3. From this server, in addition to other websites and services, we monitor the rest of the dedicated and virtual servers that have the corresponding Zabbix agent installed. For the web interface we simply have created a user in Directadmin and the corresponding php files of Zabbix are hosted in its web space.

This is the procedure we use to update (install) the Zabbix server:
Bash:
wget -4 https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/zabbix/ZABBIX%20Latest%20Stable/4.4.4/zabbix-4.4.4.tar.gz
tar -zxvf zabbix-4.4.4.tar.gz --no-same-owner
cd zabbix-4.4.4
./configure --enable-server --with-mysql --enable-ipv6 --with-net-snmp --with-libcurl --with-libxml2 --with-openipmi --with-openssl --with-ssh2   
make install
cd frontends/php
unalias cp
cp -af . /home/{ZABBIX_USER}/domains/{ZABBIX_DOMAIN.TLD}/public_html/
chown -fR {ZABBIX_USER}.{ZABBIX_USER} /home/{ZABBIX_USER}/domains/{ZABBIX_DOMAIN.TLD}/public_html/
systemctl restart zabbix_server.service

I hope this can help you.

I tried to install Zabbix with this procedure and it happen exactly what I'm talking about above.
Apache and mysql are already installed, it create some conflicts to install Zabbix on the same server with DA..

I always get this errors and I can do nothing !
Code:
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'

I didn't get this problem with an other VPS without DA

We have a perfectly functioning Zabbix Server 4.4, installed from the source, on a dedicated server with CentOS 7, Directadmin, Nginx+Apache, PHP 7.3 and MariaDB 10.3. From this server, in addition to other websites and services, we monitor the rest of the dedicated and virtual servers that have the corresponding Zabbix agent installed. For the web interface we simply have created a user in Directadmin and the corresponding php files of Zabbix are hosted in its web space.

This is the procedure we use to update (install) the Zabbix server:
Bash:
wget -4 https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/zabbix/ZABBIX%20Latest%20Stable/4.4.4/zabbix-4.4.4.tar.gz
tar -zxvf zabbix-4.4.4.tar.gz --no-same-owner
cd zabbix-4.4.4
./configure --enable-server --with-mysql --enable-ipv6 --with-net-snmp --with-libcurl --with-libxml2 --with-openipmi --with-openssl --with-ssh2  
make install
cd frontends/php
unalias cp
cp -af . /home/{ZABBIX_USER}/domains/{ZABBIX_DOMAIN.TLD}/public_html/
chown -fR {ZABBIX_USER}.{ZABBIX_USER} /home/{ZABBIX_USER}/domains/{ZABBIX_DOMAIN.TLD}/public_html/
systemctl restart zabbix_server.service

I hope this can help you.

Hi,

is there any possiblity to create reports on zabbix on a user basis (the ones of DA)?

Hi,

is there any possiblity to create reports on zabbix on a user basis (the ones of DA)?

Hello, I do not know that information, in share.zabbix.com they do not have any module or template for Directadmin, surely it can be done by creating a script that gets the information and passes it in the corresponding format to the Zabbix server. Sorry.

Back