DirectAdmin 1.61.5 has been released

I can confirm it's fixed in the pre-release. That white bar is black now. :)

Sub-theme styling for the file manager would be awesome as well though! ;)

Is there a way to place the path where you want to copy / move a file on File Manager instead of browsing through folder, so you can just copy and paste, otherwise is a bit annoying if there are a lot of folders.

Is there a way to place the path where you want to copy / move a file on File Manager instead of browsing through folder, so you can just copy and paste, otherwise is a bit annoying if there are a lot of folders.
Try pre-release for this.

Try pre-release for this.
Hi @smtalk,

There is a compatibility issue with Firefox and Filemanager, when trying to move a file or copy, it looks like this:
Screenshot_2.png
Folders do not appear and you cannot browse. However, in Chrome it looks like this: (which is the right way)
Screenshot_3.png

Firefox version I'm using is 86.0 (64-bit) [Latest version]. On Android it looks good tho, tested cleaning caché and all, and with incognito. In a Friend's computer and same error.

About placing the path instead of going folder by folder, I still do not see it.

I have tested in yet another computer using Mozilla Firefox and it also happens, I have tested in 4 different computers, all using Windows 10 and Mozilla Firefox. Folders do not appear and it is not possible to move through folder and files to copy/move. I think this is a big glitch as many users may be using Mozilla Firefox and they can't use this function properly, which is one of the most used ones.

This time, I have also tested in 3 different DirectAdmin servers, 2 using Centos7 and 1 using Centos8. 2 of them owned by me and 1 of them a shared hosting, so it's not my installations neither my configuration.

I'm using DirectAdmin pre-release. I hope a fix is given soon as I think this is kind of important.

Regards
Screenshot_23.png

is it normal that they take so many months without updating?
I guess they are releasing a big release soon cause they used to release new version every 1-2 months.

But this issue is kind of big, the filemanager is useless for those using Firefox. This shoudl had been fixed months ago.

Why not release a 1.61.6 with all these bugfixes from the last months and release 1.62.0 with new features when that’s ready?

I wouldn’t mind a minor patch release every few weeks or so. That way bugs are fixed much faster. Yes i know there is the pre-release but that is still beta? Right now it feels like these bug fixes are waiting to be released because of features that are not ready that are totally unrelated.

Correct me if i’m wrong 🙏

Last edited:
Why not release a 1.61.6 with all these bugfixes from the last months and release 1.62.0 with new features when that’s ready?

I wouldn’t mind a minor patch release every few weeks or so. That way bugs are fixed much faster. Yes i know there is the pre-release but that is still beta? Right now it feels like these bug fixes are waiting to be released because of features that are not ready that are totally unrelated.

Correct me if i’m wrong 🙏
Thing is not even released as prerelease, file manager still not working on Firefox

Yes, minor patch need to released frequently. I think this time release has been delayed for a long time. Yes, bring new features but at the same time also fix the bugs frequently and so bug fixes don't need to wait for "new features". The file manager bug has been here for months and users need to use different browsers to fix this issue. Production servers can't use pre-release as anything can go wrong.

Yes, minor patch need to released frequently. I think this time release has been delayed for a long time. Yes, bring new features but at the same time also fix the bugs frequently and so bug fixes don't need to wait for "new features". The file manager bug has been here for months and users need to use different browsers to fix this issue. Production servers can't use pre-release as anything can go wrong.
It has finally been fixed on prerelease, since September. and I wonder how many people is using prerelease and how many customers can't use File Manager because they are using Filezilla.

Hopefully the new release is worth the wait but yes, kinda dissapointed cause this kind of issues should be fixed fast and not only on prerelease

now passes 6 months and no new version out, hopefully there is a major release with lots of new features added so we not get bored with it :)

Ideally prioritize sw dev like this
#1 security
#2 bugs
#3 features
and execute with the most task-suitable team members to get all top priorities done in minimum time (better than spreading brain-power thin).

For testing you can use interns who will be happy to work at a great company and get a license. These kids will find so many things and bring you so much fresh spirit, you will not know how to capture all those ideas ;)

Yup thats why I opend a topic about it:

Back