DirectAdmin v1.642 has been released

MariaDB 10.3.34 update to 10.3.35 error, using [files.directadmin.com] downloadserver

Downloading mysql/centos7-64.txt...

######################################################################## 100.0%#=#=#

######################################################################## 100.0%
Downloaded file /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/centos7-64.txt does not exist or is empty after download
cwd is: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
Fileserver might be down, using the backup file server..
#=#=#

grep: mysql/centos7-64.txt: No such file or directory

######################################################################## 100.0%#=#=#

Downloaded file /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/centos7-64.txt does not exist or is empty after download
#=#=#

Done!

I've transferred for fun once again a cpanel account, this time with the new DA tool, gave an error:

Code:
Domain bexx.yy Created: Domain Created Successfully

Error restoring domain: Unable to read %s : %s/home/bexx/backups/backup/bexx.yy/domain.pointersUnable to open /home/bexx/backups/backup/bexx.yy/domain.pointers for reading.
No such file or directory
From my point of view the path "backup" is double.

BTW: on the import page it always says only "converting", no update, waited 2 hours, in the logs I've found tons of "No such file or directory"

New bug: if the session is terminated due to a timeout, the customized login page with its own logo does not appear but the one from DA with DA logo and the login is required 2x to log in, was not the case with the last alpha version

What actually happened to the announced customizable text blocks for the DA pages?

Last edited:
@apogee you are probably using alpha release channel. You should not be getting these errors if you have DA from beta or current. Issues with double login are also only present in alpha we are experimenting with different login page there :).

@dmtinc, @paulonichio thanks a lot! We have pushed an update with a fix for a search bar issue, new build ID is 8b289ccb2ff29cc20ac0ddb15f639284070fd9e3.

MariaDB 10.3.34 update to 10.3.35 error, using [files.directadmin.com] downloadserver

#=#=#

grep: mysql/centos7-64.txt: No such file or directory

#=#=#

Done!
I was unable to reproduce it. Are you sure it’s latest version of custombuild?

@fln Yes, I use only alpha on my dev boxes, all right, this explains the double login (and the page with the slider top right - looks good but I find the language selection there not optimal, please reconsider)

--

Apropos login page, it would be g8 if we could customize it depending on the domain in the URL (owner -> reseller)

Explanation:
own customer with (enduserdomain.com:2222 (or proxy domain)) -> company logo
reseller customer with (resellerclient.com:2222) -> reseller logo

@apogee you are probably using alpha release channel. You should not be getting these errors if you have DA from beta or current. Issues with double login are also only present in alpha we are experimenting with different login page there :).

@dmtinc, @paulonichio thanks a lot! We have pushed an update with a fix for a search bar issue, new build ID is 8b289ccb2ff29cc20ac0ddb15f639284070fd9e3.
Hi!

Thanks, after update, now its working fine.

Regards

@fln 2 more issues when selecting a search result that contains the word "Create".
1) autoresponder >> "Create Autoresponder" goes to a blank page.
2) domain >> "Create Domain" produces an error.

Thanks for all your hard work(y)

DA Create Domain Error.png

@dafang Yes this one is confirmed will be fixed soon. Root cause for this actually the change in the order in which we load Evo routes (the URL patterns that changes when navigating between pages). But we are making sure we eliminate all ambiguous routes (that depend on load order) not only the reported ones.

runs on my alpha boxes, I see there is now "maintenance" which checks the paths, this brings me back to the old topic with custom docroot on maindomains, definable by the end user, what about this? we need this UNCONDITIONALLY! This feature must now come!

Last edited:
Reactions: fln
I get the same.

[root@vpslive custombuild]# ./build set_fastest
Testing with file 10.kb:
2983,000 B/s - files-fi.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 2983,000: integer expression expected
7041,000 B/s - files-fr.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 7041,000: integer expression expected
2449,000 B/s - files-lt.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 2449,000: integer expression expected
4333,000 B/s - files-de.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 4333,000: integer expression expected
445,000 B/s - files-sg.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 445,000: integer expression expected
1088,000 B/s - files-ca.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 1088,000: integer expression expected
Total test duration: 1 seconds

Testing with file 100.kb:
3363,000 B/s - files-fi.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 3363,000: integer expression expected
13000,000 B/s - files-fr.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 13000,000: integer expression expected
3017,000 B/s - files-lt.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 3017,000: integer expression expected
7681,000 B/s - files-de.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 7681,000: integer expression expected
466,000 B/s - files-sg.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 466,000: integer expression expected
1069,000 B/s - files-ca.directadmin.com
./build: line 30241: [: 1069,000: integer expression expected
Total test duration: 1 seconds

Fastest server is at 0 B/s
Unable to determine fastest server

runs on my alpha boxes, I see there is now "maintenance" which checks the paths, this brings me back to the old topic with custom docroot on maindomains, definable by the end user, what about this? we need this UNCONDITIONALLY! If it is absolutely necessary, make it available only for propack users but the feature must now come!
With a custom docroot, where, for example, would you want to place maindomain.com in the user's directory hierarchy?

@dafang Yes this one is confirmed will be fixed soon. Root cause for this actually the change in the order in which we load Evo routes (the URL patterns that changes when navigating between pages). But we are making sure we eliminate all ambiguous routes (that depend on load order) not only the reported ones.

Good news...and thanks for explaining the background.

With a custom docroot, where, for example, would you want to place maindomain.com in the user's directory hierarchy?
the problem is contao, codeigniter and lavarel and many other systems which have their public stuff in an separate folder like "public" or "web" and so on. Sure I can set the docroot in DA but this must be done by our staff, the clients don't have the patience to wait for support and therefore go to other companies that offer it.... eg: domain maindomain.com, location (docroot) should now be "/home/mainuser/domains/maindomain.com/public_html/public".....

the problem is contao, codeigniter and lavarel and many other systems which have their public stuff in an separate folder like "public" or "web" and so on. Sure I can set the docroot in DA but this must be done by our staff, the clients don't have the patience to wait for support and therefore go to other companies that offer it.... eg: domain maindomain.com, location (docroot) should now be "/home/mainuser/domains/maindomain.com/public_html/public".....

Thanks. Would "/home/mainuser/domains/maindomain.com/public" or "/home/mainuser/domains/maindomain.com/web" also be acceptable to those systems?

I was unable to reproduce it. Are you sure it’s latest version of custombuild?

Version 2.0.0 (rev: 2902)

and i try today , get different error :

#=#=#

######################################################################## 100.0%##O#-#

Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-shared-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-common-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-compat-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Installing dependencies...
Installing libjemalloc...
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-devel-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
warning: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Preparing... ########################################
Updating / installing...
jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7 ########################################
jemalloc-devel-3.6.0-1.el7 ########################################
Installing galera...
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
warning: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Updating / installing...
galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos ########################################
Stopping mysqld ...
Service didn't get stopped, sleeping for 20 secs and re-trying ...
Stopping mysqld ...
Updating MariaDB 10.3.34 to 10.3.35
warning: MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Updating / installing...
MariaDB-compat-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-common-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/mysql;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-shared-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib64/libmariadbd.a;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/aria_chk;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/mariabackup;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
error: MariaDB-server-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-client-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-backup-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-devel-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service to /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service to /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Ensuring local-infile is disabled for security reasons in MySQL configuration file...
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...
This installation of MariaDB is already upgraded to 10.3.32-MariaDB.
There is no need to run mysql_upgrade again for 10.3.34-MariaDB.
You can use --force if you still want to run mysql_upgrade
Restarting MySQL.
Installation completed.
Done!

Version 2.0.0 (rev: 2902)

and i try today , get different error :

#=#=#

######################################################################## 100.0%##O#-#

Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-shared-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-common-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-compat-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
Installing dependencies...
Installing libjemalloc...
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-devel-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
warning: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Updating / installing...
jemalloc-3.6.0-1.el7 ########################################
jemalloc-devel-3.6.0-1.el7 ########################################
Installing galera...
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm
warning: /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Updating / installing...
galera-4-26.4.8-1.el7.centos ########################################
Stopping mysqld ...
Service didn't get stopped, sleeping for 20 secs and re-trying ...
Stopping mysqld ...
Updating MariaDB 10.3.34 to 10.3.35
warning: MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 1bb943db: NOKEY
Updating / installing...
MariaDB-compat-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-common-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/mysql;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-client-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-shared-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib64/libmariadbd.a;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-devel-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/aria_chk;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-server-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos ########################################
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/mariabackup;62edcf8a: cpio: read failed - Inappropriate ioctl for device
error: MariaDB-backup-10.3.35-1.el7.centos.x86_64: install failed
error: MariaDB-server-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-client-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-backup-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
error: MariaDB-devel-10.3.34-1.el7.centos.x86_64: erase skipped
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service to /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Created symlink from /etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service to /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.
Ensuring local-infile is disabled for security reasons in MySQL configuration file...
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...
This installation of MariaDB is already upgraded to 10.3.32-MariaDB.
There is no need to run mysql_upgrade again for 10.3.34-MariaDB.
You can use --force if you still want to run mysql_upgrade
Restarting MySQL.
Installation completed.
Done!
Hm, strange. I was unable to reproduce it. May you try this:
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild/build
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build mysql

Hm, strange. I was unable to reproduce it. May you try this:
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build http://files1.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/2.0/custombuild/build
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build mysql

hi ,

I just delete all files under /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql via ssh , then ./build mysql , update done !

i guess something wrong while downloading the file

thanks @smtalk

after new installation
Directadmin doesnot works i m unable to login while checking debug logs its showing in correct password but on page it show login successfully but again page refreshs to the same

Back