DirectSlave/GO 3 - public beta

markhard

@roman_m, do you intent to open source the latest version? since on the original forum post it's mentioned that directslave is an open source project

spacecabbie

Verified User
Nice one may i suggest to adapt it to a plugin for da ?
Also, Is the Go new ?
its a bit confusing especially since the post is from 2018.

The documentation is a bit off. Since its referring to directory's witch since have been changed moved.
If you setup wiki or something i am happy to update the manual for centos 7.

The Above is no criticism what so ever mere suggestions. Taken from my experience sofar.

My problem is nslookup on the master (DA) server gets server can't find xxxx.nl REFUSED.
logs are full with:
2019:11:28-19:24:23: Cluster: Error writing remote dns zone at host x.x.x.x for domain (xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.nl): (null) (retry=0)
2019:11:28-19:24:23: Cluster socket:

I am pretty sure its my fault with my named on DA but it has been reset to defaults still can't get it to work.
So my inexperience with dns/bind services is necking me. Any pointers or link to guide that i can use as a prerequisite to install this ?
Or if any one can link/show me their master and slave and directslave .conf files wil be helpfull as a guideline.

lordlex

Verified User
Hi. Does it support DNSSEC?

@spacecabbie check on your master your firewall to allow AXFR and your named.conf for allow-transfer from your secondaries. So, if your secondary IP is e.g. 172.15.15.15, then on your master should allow connections from 172.15.15.15 and your allow-transfer and allow-query should include this IP address. Also, on your secondary, you should allow access from your master.

bdacus01

Verified User
Nice one may i suggest to adapt it to a plugin for da ?
Also, Is the Go new ?
its a bit confusing especially since the post is from 2018.

The documentation is a bit off. Since its referring to directory's witch since have been changed moved.
If you setup wiki or something i am happy to update the manual for centos 7.

The Above is no criticism what so ever mere suggestions. Taken from my experience sofar.

My problem is nslookup on the master (DA) server gets server can't find xxxx.nl REFUSED.
logs are full with:
2019:11:28-19:24:23: Cluster: Error writing remote dns zone at host x.x.x.x for domain (xxxx.xxxxxxxxxx.nl): (null) (retry=0)
2019:11:28-19:24:23: Cluster socket:

I am pretty sure its my fault with my named on DA but it has been reset to defaults still can't get it to work.
So my inexperience with dns/bind services is necking me. Any pointers or link to guide that i can use as a prerequisite to install this ?
Or if any one can link/show me their master and slave and directslave .conf files wil be helpfull as a guideline.
Did you try my install script?

spacecabbie

Verified User
Atm gave up since DNS is a whole other ball game and i need this to run perfect. So hired Poralix to do it for me. thanks for the suggestions.

PS @bdacus01 I don't think so but at this stage i couldn't give you any usable feedback even if i did since i messed to much with it.