Discussion about CustomBuild

Hello,

No errors when i SSH to the server and /etc/init.d/httpd restart
When I try to access a webpage on the server I get:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

I have sent You an email about this.

ok, so suphp is complaining.
Check:

/var/log/httpd/error_log
/var/log/httpd/domains/domain.com.error.log
/var/log/httpd/suphp.log

for clues.
Make sure your php files are chowned to the correct username, and not root or apache, or anything like that.

John

Hello, can we do this via the email I sent to support at directadmin . com instead? I don't like to post logs in a forum.

Hello, both me and my clients are getting realy frustrated about this. We did what advised us to do to make things work and now the server has been down for too long. It would be nice to hear from You in the matter. I have mailed support several times with no respons what so ever. Probably the thing isn't so easy to solve but it would be nice to get words that it taken care of.

I think the DA staff sleep now. Much people want to try to help u but don't forget that you used script like this on your own risk.

I think the DA staff sleep now. Much people want to try to help u but don't forget that you used script like this on your own risk.

Hello, it was a DA support recommendation and How To that resulted in this mess and shure we are working on the problem but in my world one doesnt go to bed until a problem is solved.

Hello,

With custom apache it was possible to dowgrade PHP is this also possible with custumbuild?

I ask this because i can't specify wich php version i want (5.2.3 or 5.2.4)

Just edit the "build" script and change the version number from 5.2.5 to 5.2.3, etc, then "./build update_data" and the usual compiles.

John

How come ./build options doesn't display the output as stated in the first post of this FAQ?

How come ./build options doesn't display the output as stated in the first post of this FAQ?

Yes, It do.

./build options shows what you have configured in your options.conf file in custombuild

[root@vps1 custombuild]# ./build options
Apache: 2.2.6
Dovecot: 1.0.7
exim.conf update: yes
MySQL: 5.0.45
PHP: 5.2.5 as CLI with mail() header patch
phpMyAdmin: 2.11.2.1-all-languages
ProFTPD: 1.3.1
RoundCube webmail: 0.1-rc2
Run "clean" every time: yes
SquirrelMail: 1.4.11
Zend Optimizer: 3.2.8

I get an error while running ./build all

This is the error...

gcc -c -I../../os/unix -I../../include -DLINUX=22 -DHAVE_SET_DUMPABLE -I/usr/include/gdbm -DMOD_SSL=208130 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE mod_alias.c && mv mod_alias.o mod_alias.lo
gcc -shared -o mod_alias.so mod_alias.lo
gcc -c -I../../os/unix -I../../include -DLINUX=22 -DHAVE_SET_DUMPABLE -I/usr/include/gdbm -DMOD_SSL=208130 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE mod_rewrite.c && mv mod_rewrite.o mod_rewrite.lo
In file included from mod_rewrite.c:51:
mod_rewrite.h:91:18: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
mod_rewrite.c: In function `lookup_map_dbmfile':
mod_rewrite.c:3035: error: `DBM' undeclared (first use in this function)
mod_rewrite.c:3035: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_rewrite.c:3035: error: for each function it appears in.)
mod_rewrite.c:3035: error: `dbmfp' undeclared (first use in this function)
mod_rewrite.c:3036: error: `datum' undeclared (first use in this function)
mod_rewrite.c:3036: error: syntax error before "dbmkey"
mod_rewrite.c:3044: error: `dbmkey' undeclared (first use in this function)
mod_rewrite.c:3047: error: `dbmval' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[4]: *** [mod_rewrite.so] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/apache_1.3.39/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/apache_1.3.39'
make: *** [build] Error 2

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):

This is the output of ./build options

Apache: 1.3.39
Dovecot: 1.0.7
exim.conf update: no
MySQL: 5.1.20
PHP: 4.4.7 as CLI and 5.2.5 as CGI (default: PHP 4.4.7) with mail() header patch
phpMyAdmin: 2.11.2.2-all-languages
ProFTPD: 1.3.1
RoundCube webmail: 0.1-rc2
Run "clean" every time: yes
SquirrelMail: 1.4.11
Zend Optimizer: 3.2.8

I tried both version, the stable and the Beta. Both gave the same error.

Regards,

If it's Debian (Ubuntu), try:
Code:
apt-get install libgdbm-dev
ln -s /usr/include/gdbm-ndbm.h /usr/include/ndbm.h

If it's RedHat based system, try:
Code:
yum install gdbm gdbm-devel

Last edited:
Just a idea Martynas but its probably a good idea to put the info from your post above, into your first post on this FAQ thread :D

Its been a common thing i think [not with this new build system, but generally I've noticed].

Regards and good work [still nervous about trying it tho yet lol but looks awesome]
Nath.

Last edited:
Back