Domain Monitoring Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is also an 'ignore' portion in the monitor.php worth using maybe. It appears to be useful for opting-out your own main site.
so the commented out portion in the monitor.php, would be where you put the ignored domain (s)?.
and for multiple domains would you ad them between the single quotes?
Code:
 /*if ( $domain != 'l0rdphi1.com' )
  {
    continue;
  }*/

so the commented out portion in the monitor.php, would be where you put the ignored domain (s)?.
and for multiple domains would you ad them between the single quotes?
Code:
 /*if ( $domain != 'l0rdphi1.com' )
  {
    continue;
  }*/
Yes, you could do that there. To have it ignore a specific domain, you'd want to add:
Code:
if ( $domain == 'dom2skip.tld' ) continue;

For multiple domains, this would be the php-code, but I don't know if that language is suitable for this.

Anyway:
PHP:
$IgnoredDomains = array('one.com', 'two.com', 'three.com');
if (in_array($domain, $IgnoredDomains)) continue;

Though, I'd think there should be a ! before in_array

1st, does this script actually work?
2nd, going through directadmin.php, I dont see how to change the php mail() functions
I have a particular server that seems to go into high load average (30+) on Sunday of each week, by the time I get there its almost impossible to sort where the troubles are, so I'm hoping that this will help sort the problems. I to want to be notified as to which domain is causing the troubles, any updates on a package that is more configurable?

want to add what I was advised as far as email notices, I know I dont like having a problem, finding a thread that describes what I am looking for and then a reply with "FIXED" or "Never Mind, I resolved it" so I am putting here the answer given to me by l0rdphi1...thx 10x
Regarding where email notices are sent, you can change that on line 118 of directadmin.php; change $result['email'] to the actual email address you wish to receive notices at.

Im seeing the output of server-status of Apache 1 and Apache 2 and seems to by very similar.. i think the script should be adapted easy l0rdphi1? are you the creator? Thanks

Old thread...

I want to try changing the script for apache 2.x but the script is not downloadable anymore. Does anyone has a copy for me ?

And perhaps I will try to make it suitable to integrate with zabbix... Or I find someone to do it for me ;-)

nieuwhier, do you was successfull in rewriting for apache2 ?
do you could post it if ready?
thank you
johannes

Look at the plugin.tar.gz file with either an editor or the cat command; it may be an error message.

Jeff

whats a good tool to use with apache 2?

I looked into mod_cband but it seems to mostly go on about bandwidth limiting.

My concern is I want to know which host/virutal host is using the most CPU usuage and set a limit. I have one domain which is eating all my CPU usuage and would like to put a 15 process limit on it. Along with this it would be nice to see how many processes other domains are taking?

can someone link me to something...

Good news folks....

We are busy adjusting the script. We have it running now for apache 2.

We are adjusting the script, well more kind of rewriting and will post the results in the near future.

This tool is designed to monitor domains via the server-status Apache 1.xx feature. The tool can monitor both domain load and the number of processes per domain.

NOTE: This tool does not work with Apache 2. You may wish to check out mod_throttle (Apache 1) or mod_cband (Apache 2) as replacements for this tool.

Once a domain reaches certain specified limits, you can opt to warn and suspend users.

Prior to running this script, please run 'table.sql' AND modify each file in the 'conf' directory to your preference. See the included INSTALL file for details.

Download v1.0 here.
Last updated 2003-1-9 at 9:28 PM EST

Have fun, Phi1.

Is this not available any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back