Email Level Plugin

How did you edit them? I did steps 1) & 2), but still I get "page can not be displayed" when I enter my user/pass.

Thank you! This is exactly what I have been looking for - AWESOME!

I have this up and running (works great BTW) and am working on some heavy customization (look & feel). I am curious to learn how difficult it would be to have the success/error messages for Password Changes & Updating Vacation Messages appear on the same page rather than refreshing to a new page? (just like how the login page messages are currently displayed)

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

(programming is not my strong suit :eek:)

Can the directadmin developer make CMD_API_EMAIL_FORWARDERS similar to CMD_EMAIL_ACCOUNT_VACATION so that it do not need a username to setup a forward ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Unfortunately, the forwarders are not dependant on the email accounts. Forwarders can exist without the presence of an account, and since there are no passwords with forwarders, DA wouldn't be able to authenticate for them. If the account did exist with the same name, then in theory it would work, however a local copy of the email would always get saved (if the account exists) so isn't likely the desired behavior.

John

Is it possible to extend this plugin to let the email user setup his own forwarders ?

I don't want to store the da admin password in a file that is accessible to user's php script.

Thanks.

I thought John's email directly above yours explained why it couldn't be done without creating a security issue.

For example, a user who could set up his own forwarders could make a copy of any email address on the domain, and forward the contents to himself/herself.

Jeff

This could be solved by creating another forwarder's API that restrict the forwarder to be the same as the email address. So that it become a email user's level API.

I just want provide a user-friendly environment and not going to create security issues.

Yes, but in order for the user to login, DA needs to check a password somewhere, so the email account needs to exist, since forwarders don't have passwords. Then if you have both an email account and a forwarder, you get 2 copies of the email which isn't usually desired. The account needs to be deleted for exim not to deliver to it. I understand what you're looking for, but it's just not possible without having a seperate password database and access to DA with the DA user account/pass.

John

Maybe it's not possible, I'm just thinking ...

A user can login with their [email protected] and password (real email account)

DA check if the user can authenticate (email wise for example)

Let the user create forwarder only if the forwarder doesn't exist as an email account or forward address on that server.

This limits the risk to let a user on a domain steele the email of another user, right?

Maybe it's not possible to do it this way (don't know how the authentication is setup for the moment). I didn't read the whole thread, just came on this due a search for password change.

HTH,
Fossie

Obviously you've never been part of an organization where someone wants to read someone else's email :).

Since I've never loaded or used the plugin I don't know if this is already available or not; someone please help me:

I think it reasonable that an email user should be able to set up or remove a forward from his own email address. And I think that wouldn't be a security issue.

Is it possible? Someone who uses the plugin please let me know. Otherwise perhaps it can be added.

Thanks.

Jeff

How about autoresponder? Any news?

Excuse me, how about the AUTORESPONDERS for virtual POP accounts?

I checked some posts here, and found that people had been asking for "Virtual POP users can manage their own password, autoresponder and vacation message" since 2003 (http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202&highlight=autoresponder). However until now only autoresponder is left behind.

(About forwarder: forwarders seems to be impossible because they are not directly related to any POP users, but if I send my full email address and password to DA, DA is able to limit me to set up forwarder(s) from my email ONLY to other address(es), either in the same domain or an external address. This is possible right? I think people sometimes need to automatically forward a copy of their emails to another address. If this can be achieved this will help a lot of people! ... or this is already possible somewhere else? Actually this idea is just the same as jlasman's.)​

We have many clients asking for this feature for a long time, and as a developer and also an administrator I think this is a required function.

Since this plugin (and the related APIs) has not been updated for a while, I want to ask about the progress on this remaining function. Is this a difficult API/function to develop, that taking the team so much time?

Thank you for any reply, especially from DA team.

(This is the first time I ever post in this forum, please forgive me if I said something wrong. Thank you.)

Ken

Edit: (Maybe better to post elsewhere?) I know that user can check their own email usage via CMD_EMAIL_ACCOUNT_QUOTA, but it does not provide the user's quota limit. Is it possible to put it in? For example return limit=10485760 means quota limit is 10MB and limit=0 is no limit.

Last edited:
Installed on my DA 1.33 and work good (CentOS 5.2 64bit).

...but it's a little ugly interface :) how i can change it ?

Thank you very much

Excuse me, how about the AUTORESPONDERS for virtual POP accounts?

Hello,

The autoresponders cannot be put into the plugin because autoresponders, just like forwarders, do not require a pop account to be present. As such, the plugin doesn't have any way to authenticate a non-passworded autoresponder, thus it cannot be added to the plugin.

Note that vacation messages are very similiar to autoresponders, and vacation messages DO require the account to be present, thus they do exist in the plugin. You can just use the vacation messages for autoresponders instead, and just set them to be on forever, thus giving you an autoresponder.

John

John, Thank you for your reply.

The autoresponders cannot be put into the plugin because autoresponders, just like forwarders, do not require a pop account to be present.

Yes it is, so I said:

... if I send my full email address and password to DA, DA is able to limit me to set up forwarder(s) from my email ONLY

So a POP user can create their own autoresponder/forwarder, for their email address, while other situations (autoresponders with forwarders, forwarders without POP accounts, etc.) still limit to system accounts. I don't think POP users should be allowed to create such types of autoresponders/forwarders, they simply don't need that.

As such, the plugin doesn't have any way to authenticate a non-passworded autoresponder

What I mean is, we are not authenticate a autoresponder, but a POP user, and allow him/her to create his/her own autoresponder/forwarder. We just deny any autoresponder/forwarder that is not created for his/her account. Again, system accounts are not limited (normal limitations should still apply, of course), just POP accounts. All limitations should be done on API level, of course.

Note that vacation messages are very similiar to autoresponders, and vacation messages DO require the account to be present, thus they do exist in the plugin. You can just use the vacation messages for autoresponders instead, and just set them to be on forever, thus giving you an autoresponder.

Well, I know that this is possible, but how can I set it to "forever"?

Anyway, it will be the best if a native function is avaliable, for both autoresponders and forwarders.

Ken

double login required?

Love it! But first I login to get the Email Modifcation Tool screen, then, when I choose my program, I have to login in again with the same info. Is this working as designed or an error in configuration?

Love it! But first I login to get the Email Modifcation Tool screen, then, when I choose my program, I have to login in again with the same info. Is this working as designed or an error in configuration?

My users are experiencing the same double login issue. Please advise.

Hello,

A bug was reported where you get this error message after viewing an already existing vacation message:
Code:
socket returned no error, but there is data missing. Try reloading this page
I've found the issue to be in DA. It was caused by 4 repeated sends of strings to the socket, which was correctly coded, but simply not working for some reason. I changed the code to assemble the 4 strings into 1, then did 1 send, and that works now, so if you get the above error, it will be fixed for the next release of DA.

John

Back