How-to: cPanel to DA migration

Pop3 with the choice of "leave 14 days on the server". Correct?

That's how POP3 works, if it leaves mails 14 days on the server, it'd re-download that 14 days after migration. I'd suggest switching to IMAP, or leaving no copy on the server if that's POP3.

Is there any way to access to directadmin (with ssl) using user/reseller domain instead of hostname or server ip? Users are asking this because they've used their domains to access CPanel.

Hello,

Could we migrate Roundcube address data from cpanel with cpanel_to_da automatically? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Melih

Hello,

We migrated 8 cpanel servers and no roundcube address records migrated.

Thanks,
Melih

Hello,

Some errors Cpanel migration:

-- Addon domains point to main domain. They should work on domains folder only
-- There are SSL issues on addon domains.
-- There is no migration of Roundcube address data
-- Email lists migrated as email adress

To fix addon domains and SSL issues are taking too much time. There should be a section on admin page to install SSL.

How can we fix the addon domains issue?

Thanks,
Melih

Hello,

There roundcube db files on the backups as:

sifre.rcube.db
sifre.rcube.db.1541936978
sifre.rcube.db.1551062924
sifre.rcube.db.1557369540
sifre.rcube.db.1559789049
sifre.rcube.db.1560134655
sifre.rcube.db.1560394051
sifre.rcube.db.latest

How can we restore them?

Thanks,
Melih

Hello

i have this error when try to restore

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_sqlite_da_roundcube.php on line 24

i'm using the latest version 0.023

Hello

i have this error when try to restore

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_sqlite_da_roundcube.php on line 24

i'm using the latest version 0.023

If you do:
Code:
php /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_sqlite_da_roundcube.php

It errors, right?

Try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build cpanel_to_da

Then execute this again and see if it still errors:
Code:
php /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_sqlite_da_roundcube.php

If it does, what's your version of PHP installed? (php -v)

New version 0.0.24 is available for testing:
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh https://custombuild.eu/cpanel/cpanel_to_da.sh.0.0.24

Changelog:
Code:
* Fixed email and domains limits
* "Account creation time" gets transferred
* Email quota limit gets transferred
* SSH/CGI bin are turned off by default if not found enabled in user config 
* If Let's Encrypt cert is older than 90 days - do not setup auto-renewal for it

Last edited:
Hello,

Can we migrate addon domains SSL's without any issue?

Many addon domains point to main domain. This is a big issue.

Could you fix these issues with migration script please?

New version 0.0.24 is available for testing:
Code:
wget -O /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh https://custombuild.eu/cpanel/cpanel_to_da.sh.0.0.24

Changelog:
Code:
* Fixed email and domains limits
* "Account creation time" gets transferred
* Email quota limit gets transferred
* SSH/CGI bin are turned off by default if not found enabled in user config

Thanks for update. Is there an issue with add-on domains? I have many clients with add-on domains inside their accounts. @kebirhost says that there is an issue with that. We are about to move our cPanel servers to DirectAdmin soon. Should I be worried? Or should I wait for a fix? :)

Thanks for update. Is there an issue with add-on domains? I have many clients with add-on domains inside their accounts. @kebirhost says that there is an issue with that. We are about to move our cPanel servers to DirectAdmin soon. Should I be worried? Or should I wait for a fix? :)

I was unable to reproduce it, just applied a blind fix from what the customers have reported. My guess is that some cPanel customers have add-on domains added in addition to domain pointers/aliases with the same name. 0.0.24 should take care of that :)

Hi,
i have try to migrate a server and in all domains i have the following error:
Error writing db file for xxxxx.com : Unable to save dns zone: named-checkzone returned:
loading "xxxxx.com" from "/var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897" class "IN"
dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897:48: unbalanced quotes
zonexxxxx.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897 failed: unbalanced quotes
zone xxxxx.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

However the cpanel bind work fine with the same config with unbalanced quotes.
Can we fix it global? Because right now during the transfer the dns will be reset with the default dns settings, but many users have custom settings, for mx records etc.

Also the sym link /home/user/public_html is not created in all transfers and some software with paths not work. It is possible to always have the sym link?

Some big accounts that are using GB emails cannot be transferred correctly. I extract the cpmove files and i see alot of mail data of some accounts but conversion scriptonly restored some of the emails. This is strange. I tried to restore 4 times with the latest version of conversion script.

We have to delay our migrations. There are some problems addon SSL, addon points main domain and some accounts not moved to addon domains.

I hope you can solve them since the most important thing you should prepare the best avaliable conversion script for these months.

Some people have little accounts and limited features on cpanel server but we are hosting firm and there a lot of different sized and featured web sites.

It is very important to see the migratiom process also.

Thanks for all.

Hi,
i have try to migrate a server and in all domains i have the following error:
Error writing db file for xxxxx.com : Unable to save dns zone: named-checkzone returned:
loading "xxxxx.com" from "/var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897" class "IN"
dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897:48: unbalanced quotes
zonexxxxx.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/xxxxx.com.db.temp.18897 failed: unbalanced quotes
zone xxxxx.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

However the cpanel bind work fine with the same config with unbalanced quotes.

we have the same errors

we find out If ther is DKIM records in cpanel dns zone records. This DKIM record make This error

cpanel has DKIM zone records like this
default._domainkey 14400 IN TXT "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEA8bAxlCV/fC2MA3+y0rJyS0CtuTUJVOxasmaAMS2cSiPm1hASBl20JSUKE0V87reSlw+oUG7vGH7kKny9UhgudHfYbgxM+mto1DK96d21wlDNUpxz5Eir1DrcW+v8JT09ltQhNuYFr8k4oZppteFutrnJhXyQ28SuvdzI/9PdJJiYCmUrTPmHnI+hHwS2NHAXb" vHFFDRPqVLKFRiMlOLY66BmkzpwheUMQgr1r1HTbgRO1AIY9Zqt8zOybtK3ygk4wSKqoKw22ZEmzdNlrfMjijKClbtAz0p+EhZu9B6Fxw+iWaX6aNIUQWT0AZXhepyQGoiGT7tj/8EbqJlwH7a7OwIDAQAB\;

cpnanel DKIM zone records ending whit \; not " so mising the end of the records last quote whit "

Back