Verified User
I disabled SSL in user level
Account Manager - SSL Certificate - Disable

Now I cant even access Account Manager - SSL Certificate

I get this :

Could not execute your request​

SSL is not enabled for this domain

Please help me

Via SSH, change SSL=OFF to SSL=ON in the .conf file.

If disabled for the user, change in file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/user.conf
If disabled for the domain, change in file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/domains/DOMAIN.TLD.conf

If disabled for the user, change in file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/user.conf
If disabled for the domain, change in file /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/domains/DOMAIN.TLD.conf
I can not find these files

disabled SSL in user level
Account Manager - SSL Certificate - Disable
Account manager in user level??? As far as I know user level does not have any "account manager", next to that, enabling SSL (or disabling it) is done in Domain Manager when using user level.
Have a look there if you can find it there.

If you're admin or reseller, check if SSL is still enabled in the package of the user.

Can confirm this bug. Disabled SSL on one of the domains of a user in user level since the domain isn't active anymore. After that got the same error as topic starter and can't access the SSL Certificates page anymore. It just keeps displaying:

Code:
Could not execute your request

Can confirm this bug. Disabled SSL on one of the domains of a user in user level since the domain isn't active anymore. After that got the same error as topic starter and can't access the SSL Certificates page anymore. It just keeps displaying:

Code:
Could not execute your request

Did you try the fix mentioned earlier in the topic?

Yup, manually setting it back to ON works but that should be do-able by the user himself as well. IMHO it's a bug if the user can disable something but not enable it again right?

Yup, user has ssl in his package otherwise he couldn‘t have visited the SSL Certificates page to disable ssl in the first place. Also, the other domain of this user still has ssl enabled perfectly fine.

Yup, user has ssl in his package otherwise he couldn‘t have visited the SSL Certificates page to disable ssl in the first place. Also, the other domain of this user still has ssl enabled perfectly fine.
If you you choose disable ssl. Then it converts to disabled. Are you waiting a few minutes for directadmin task to fully run? Then after a few minutes try to re enable it? Then wait a few more minutes to see if it takes again. Just wondering if it is a timing thing.

Hitting the Disable SSL button instantly changes the value in the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/USER/domains/DOMAIN.TLD.conf file after which the user can't access the SSL Certificates page anymore for that domain. The notification about the disabling and the "Could not execute your request" error both come up instantly in the bottom right as well.

The end user can enable SSL for the domain himself but he has to go through Domain Setup click the domain he wants to enable SSL for again and click "Secure SSL". So maybe it's not a bug but a feature after all? It would be a lot more user friendly/consistent if the enabling/disabling worked like for example the Spamassassin Setup page where you can enable and disable on that page without having to go to Domain Setup or anything.

Since we're nitpicking now, shouldn't SSL be renamed to TLS nowadays?

The end user can enable SSL for the domain himself but he has to go through Domain Setup
oh yes correct. I think what everone is expecting is the button to disable to become back as a button to enable. Its only there because some one did domain setup.

So maybe it's not a bug but a feature after all?
Correct
It would be a lot more user friendly/consistent if the enabling/disabling worked like for example the Spamassassin Setup page where you can enable and disable on that page without having to go to Domain Setup or anything.
agreed.
SSL be renamed to TLS nowadays?
Are we ready to retrain the world?:cool:. I vote we label it "that lock thingy" or "encryption enable"

The end user can enable SSL for the domain himself but he has to go through Domain Setup click the domain he wants to enable SSL for again and click "Secure SSL".
Yes, like in the screenshot (enhanced skin). I thought you ment that option would not be available anymore after disabling it there.
But if it's there and user can enable SSL via Domain setup again, then it's a normal situation and no bug.

1616080098746.png

Last edited:
Having the same isses but mine seems to be related to SMTP. Disabled SSL then I had to manually change SSL=ON as mentioned by

@scriptkitty as it wouldn't enable.

smtp.web-hosting-uk.com was skipped due to unreachable http://smtp.web-hosting-uk.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/ file.
2022/01/11 10:43:18 [INFO] [web-hosting-uk.com, ftp.web-hosting-uk.com, mail.web-hosting-uk.com, www.web-hosting-uk.com] acme: Obtaining SAN certificate
2022/01/11 10:43:19 Could not obtain certificates:
acme: error: 429 :: POST :: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order :: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: ftp.web-hosting-uk.com,mail.web-hosting-uk.com,web-hosting-uk.com,www.web-hosting-uk.com: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
Certificate generation failed.

Tried a few changes then tried enabling SMTP, limiting to 5 per day by the looks of it.

SSL.png

there is no say from DA Support on this?

this is totally a bug, how can an user disable SSL, and then won't be able to re-enable it.

That gives more support work.

Back