Incorrect Reseller Count - help!

sirakri

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a weird issue with my da license. I have the da personal license. I was using trial purchasing the license. I converted one reseller account that I migrated from cPanel using a directadmin guide.

However, now DA says that I've exceeded Reseller limit and some features such as MySQL administration wouldn't work. Please see the screenshots below.

1589925891380.png

1589925941672.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards!

The personal license I only one account which is admin. Then 10 domains for your personal use. If you want resellers you need a higher license.

Hi bdacus01, but I have "zero" resellers accounts from the screenshot above. "admin" account might be one by default, but I have no clue what the 2nd reseller is.

The main admin is considered a reseller.
So under Admin, you should only have domains. I don't have a personal license so I am only going by what I heard.

@smtalk whats the proper procedure here? He wants to add one Cpanel account to a personal License. Is this possible?

@bdacus01 You're right.

I only have one user & one reseller - that is admin. Under admin I have 4 domains (limit is 10 here.) So I'm well within limits. But I still am getting the "Limit Exceeded" error.

He wants to add one Cpanel account to a personal License. Is this possible?
Not really, I moved all my websites from old server (cPanel here) to the new DA server - using the cPanel to DA Convertor. One domain was reseller but I changed it to a user using a guide somewhere here on DA Forums. I just mentioned this as I wondering if such "change" led to this error. That is it.

Thanks for trying to help :)

EDIT: I think I have the same problem as this user: https://forum.directadmin.com/threads/2-of-1-accounts-currently-exist.59942/

I'm sorry for bumping the thread many times. But this has been a serious issue already. It definitely seems like a bug. Can someone help or guide me to someone who can help?

Its the weekend and a holiday but You might log a support request.

but I changed it to a user using a guide somewhere here on DA Forums.
There you go, that's where your problem begins.
The guide for cPanel to DA as far as I know is not really for transfers to personal licenses but you can use it, however, the only user on a personal license is admin.
So you should have been changing it not to a user, but to admin. However, then your admin account would have been overwritten.

Shortly said, if already an admin account is present, it's not possible anymore to import any other user account because that is not allowed.
The only way to import is to do it manually (or overwrite admin).

This however does not fix anything for you. If you still have the backup from the former reseller account you want to import the domain from, then you might have a look if you can remove the user account from DA manually.

Use on your own risk!! Login via SSH and:
Code:
cat /etc/passwd
see if a user exists, for example theo then:
Code:
userdel theo
which should remove the account from the system (if present).

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/users
delete any user present which is NOT admin.

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/domains
see if the users domain(s) is/are still present, if yes remove it.

You might also want to login as da_admin to phpmyadmin, and delete any database of that user if present.

And check /home if only admin is present and not that user anymore (should be gone after userdel command above).

Just to be sure:
Code:
service restart directadmin
Have a look if the problem persists.

If all is fine now, you have to create the domain from admin account.
From the backup, restore the public_html manually (can easily be done with Midnight Commander).
Do not forget to chown to admin:admin afterwards.

Extract the mysql database from the backup and restore it either via phpmyadmin or ssh mysql command.

changed it to a user
So I just caught this. The one user allowed would be admin. So if the user was named anything else it would be seen as 2 accounts.

When in admin and you do List All Users. how many are there? if more than one issue.

Thanks for your replies, I've been a little sick and not been able to reply.

None of the above steps worked for me. There is only one user "admin" everywhere.
The guide for cPanel to DA as far as I know is not really for transfers to personal licenses but you can use it, however, the only user on a personal license is admin. - I did this when I was on trial.

Again, the problem is exactly like how it was mentioned in the following thread.

@smtalk seemed to have a solution, I only wish it was posted. :(

None of the above steps worked for me. There is only one user "admin" everywhere.
Really on every place I mentioned?

In that case I would suggest to lift with the flow in the other topic, and state you have the exact same problem and if he could post the solution.
I'm sure he's prepared to either do that or help you too.

Back