License Key hashes: New method for installs/setup.sh and getLicense.sh

@floyd

There's a few ways to do it. You could simply add your subnet(s) to your client (global) ranges. This would take only a minute. Then, just maintain a list like you are already doing (except it would be a list of keys instead of IPs).

For your automation, be aware it's possible to install DA with no key at all (this is better for templates/images). You'd do the ipswap.sh as normal, and for licensing you would run getLicense.sh key instead of auto.

Because our installer now has background build, DA can typically be installed in a minute, so this might be easier than maintaining templates and doing ipswap/getLicense (and it guarantees your customer always starts off with the latest DA version). Your customer welcome mail could include the exact command they run to load DA onto their server:

Code:
bash <(curl -Ss https://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh || wget -O - https://www.directadmin.com/setup.sh) 'TheirLicenseKey'

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Hello,

I have such problem - I bought DA license with the SoYouStart dedicated server.
I installed the DA panel using the "./setup.sh auto" command - the license was downloaded automatically and everything was fine.

Due to my inattention, the license has expired (it was not paid for with the server on time). I have ordered a new license from SoYouStart for this server - license number 259233.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to install it properly. After using the command "getLicense.sh auto" I get the message:

Using data: license_key = KkF% 2BZp% 2BtG7dX7TNk6Q "......" N9mS3AFRq3JMQQM% 3D
#################################################### ####################### 100.0%
You are not authorized to download the license with that information.

Probably because the license key stored on the server belongs to expired license.

Also, I cannot download the new license key from your User Panel, because as I mentioned - I bought it from SoYouStart and they do not provide the license key.

I am asking for help in solving the problem.

Or try like this:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./getLicense.sh '12345'
service directadmin restart
where 12345 should be replaced with your new license key.

But if that doesn't work either, you should contact SYS to remove the expired key and place the new one on the ip.

I called them - they told me they didn't have a "key hash" - they asked me to contact you about this ...

We wrote together. Please try the solution in my previous answer.

I don't know what they mean by a "key hash", but I'm not working for DA. If they need something for their licensing, they should contact DA, not the customer. They are selling, so they should give the service belonging to selling internal licenses.

Or try like this:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
./getLicense.sh '12345'
service directadmin restart
where 12345 should be replaced with your new license key.

But if that doesn't work either, you should contact SYS to remove the expired key and place the new one on the ip.
Unfortunately - the same message
./getLicense.sh 259233
Using data: license_key=259233
############################################################################################# 100.0%
You are not authorized to download the license with that information.

I bought it from SoYouStart
I would contact their support.

You don't mention OS or version of the server
Like Richard said they have to set it to your IP so auto will work.
they told me they didn't have a "key hash"
They are not going to give you the key hash. They own the license not you.
You need to have them set the ip on the license.

Using data: license_key=259233
This isn't valid license number

I was just looking at So You Start, but I only see Plesk, cPanel and Ispconfig on their website, not DA so I'm wondering what they sold you.

As said before... they sold it to you, so they should fix it with Directadmin.

hmmm
Why they don't have keyhash ? it should have on DA License Manage page, LIcense Owner is SoYouStart, so they should contact DA itself,

otherwise, maybe they legit license and sell to you. ( Can't login to Directadmin Client Area )

As you know, until recently the license number and client number was enough to download the new license. Now I need license key, but they told me they haven't got it and I should contact Directadmin.

These are the only data I have about the new license:

license.png

As you know, until recently the license number and client number was enough to download the new license. Now I need license key, but they told me they haven't got it and I should contact Directadmin.

Send them that post.

but they told me they haven't got it and I should contact Directadmin.
2 errors here.
1.) They do got it, they should login to their customer panel.
2.) Not you, but THEY should contact Directadmin, as they are DA's customer not you, and they sell you the license, not DA, which contractual means they should provide support on license issues.

SoYouStart support is now out of business hours. I wrote to [email protected] and described the situation in detail. DA support was very helpful and they sent me my license key based on the data I sent - this way my problem was solved.

For others reading here i did the workarround and used the auto update setting

Under the new system this is no longer possible. It was discussed above how this was never an approved method to begin with -- in fact it violates the licensing agreement. If you need a solution that involves no wait time, you can always generate a 60-day trial license through our site. It is instant and requires no billing info.
I cannot make trial license for migration purposes from within current account as I already use you product. There is some information here on forum that say to make another account in order to get trial license, so I made one new with almost same my data except different email and not get password emailed to me yet.

It seems that only way to migrate to new server is to pay another license.

Back