Multiple problems chown, mysql

djbokkeman

Hello,

Im a big fan of this forum! I have learned much from it, but not enough to be no more stupid.

When i tried to do a chown command (ssh) for a user to restore user rights. I accendently pressed the return, wich resulted in a big problem because i yust ended with root. So all folders were washed with new user:group

Then i looked up in this forums howto restore user rights. I found a thread where there was told you could run a script in the /directadmin/scripts/ directory. I succesfully did that.

Im hiring a vds and contacted my ISP about the problem. They said i had to make user backups, because there would be to many messed up folders. Then they would reinstall the server.

But because all my users are created by admin i had to move the users to a reseller. I did this with the dousertool. (this to restore the users)

But now the big problem is i cannot backup anymore because of mysql. I get this error

Access denied for user: 'da_admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I have tried this http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=45

And have spit out every thread about this subject.

NO succes :(

So before i destroy anymore by moving users an etc. Please give me some wise advice, Im really desperate to get my users back online again!

Sorry for my poor english. Thnx

Have you gotten this fixed yet?

Have you contacted DA support? They might be able to help you, even though since you have a VPS they're not under any obligation.

Jeff

Back